Psychology and the Challenges of Life: Adjustment and Growth, 12th Edition
November 2012, ©2013
In the 12th edition of Psychology and the Challenges of Life: Adjustment and Growth, authors Jeffrey Nevid and Spencer Rathus continue to reflect on the many ways in which psychology relates to the lives we live and the important roles that psychology can play in helping us adjust to the many challenges we face in our daily lives. Throughout this text, the authors explore applications of psychological concepts and principles in meeting life challenges such as managing our time, developing our self-identity, building and maintaining friendships and intimate relationships, adopting healthier behaviors and lifestyles, coping with stress, and dealing with emotional problems and psychological disorders. The text’s modular organization goes even further to increase student's understanding by breaking down lengthy chapters into individualized study units designed to fit the busy lifestyles of today’s students
Chapter 1: Psychology and the Challenges of Life
Chapter 2: Personality
Chapter 3: Stress: What Is It and How to Manage It?
Chapter 4: Psychological Factors and Health
Chapter 5: Developing Healthier Behaviors
Chapter 6: The Self in a Social World
Chapter 7: Social Influence: Being Influenced By - And Influencing - Others
Chapter 8: Psychological Disorders
Chapter 9: Therapies: Ways of Helping
Chapter 10: Interpersonal Attraction: Of Friendship and Love
Chapter 11: Relationships and Communication: Getting from Here to There
Chapter 12: Gender and Sexuality
Chapter 13: Adolescent and Adult Development: Going Through Changes
Chapter 14: The Challenges of the Workplace
- A new feature called My Life, My Psych consolidates content relating to personal applications of psychology in daily life. Material previously labeled Psychology in Daily Life is now incorporated in the feature, along with self-scorng questionnaires that help students examine their attitudes and behavior in light of the concepts discussed in the text.
- This edition consolidates two previous chapters (Chapter 10 and 13) on gender and sexuality into one (Chapter 12).
- There is an expanded focus on the challenges raised by new technology in how students communicate and interact with each other. This is done by drawing upon psychological research on the psychological aspects of social media.
- Applies psychological principles to aid readers in meeting the challenges they face in their daily lives, to solve problems, and to reach their individual potentials.
- Communicates the scientific nature of psychology through coverage of research methods, and the review of classic and current studies in the field.
- Integrated coverage of human diversity throughout the text.
- Psychology in Daily Life modules help students see how psychological knowledge discussed in the chapter applies to problems and issues of modern life.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.