Investments: Analysis and Management, 12th Edition
December 2012, ©2013
Throughout changing investment opportunities, problems, and controversies, Charles P. Jones’s Investments remains one of the most readable and comprehensive investments texts today. Students can count on the new 12th Edition for clarity, currency, and balance. An effective organizational structure and essentials approach, important analytical methods, data, and finance concepts are all presented at a level that individuals of all investments backgrounds can master.
Investments 12e teaches Finance and Financial Planning readers to evaluate investment information, and then guides them to seize opportunities and make sound decisions on their own.
PART ONE BACKGROUND
Chapter 1 Understanding Investments, 1
Chapter 2 Investment Alternatives, 21
Chapter 3 Indirect Investing, 52
Chapter 4 Securities Markets and Market Indices, 86
Chapter 5 How Securities are Traded, 112
PART TWO PORTFOLIO AND CAPITAL MARKET THEORY
Chapter 6 The Returns and Risks from Investing, 138
Chapter 7 Portfolio Theory, 175
Chapter 8 Portfolio Selection and Asset Allocation, 204
Chapter 9 Capital Market Theory and Asset Pricing Models, 230
PART THREE COMMON STOCKS: ANALYSIS, VALUATION, AND MANAGEMENT
Chapter 10 Common Stock Valuation, 261
Chapter 11 Common Stocks: Analysis and Strategy, 296
Chapter 12 Market Efficiency, 319
PART FOUR SECURITY ANALYSIS
Chapter 13 Economy/Market Analysis, 347
Chapter 14 Sector/Industry Analysis, 372
Chapter 15 Company Analysis, 388
Chapter 16 Technical Analysis, 423
PART FIVE FIXED-INCOME SECURITIES: ANALYSIS, VALUATION, AND MANAGEMENT
Chapter 17 Bond Yields and Prices, 446
Chapter 18 Bonds: Analysis and Strategy, 475
PART SIX DERIVATIVE SECURITIES
Chapter 19 Options, 504
Chapter 20 Futures Contracts, 541
PART SEVEN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Chapter 21 Managing Your Financial Assets, 568
Chapter 22 Evaluation of Investment Performance, 591
- Text Features have been thoroughly updated to include
the latest information and numbers available. These features
- “Concepts in Action” and “Investments Intuition” features which have been increased to emphasize real world and current examples
- Increased computational problems and spreadsheet exercises
- Updated information in Part 1, which contains newer concepts such as ETFs (exchange traded funds), ECNs (electronic communications networks), BATS, Algorithmic trading, and high frequency trading.
- Clarified Explanations of important calculations such as geometric means, the valuation of common stocks, and other relative valuation techniques.
- More Real-World Connections that gear toward personal financing and portfolio management, implementing real world connections and opinions from professionals.
- Up-to-date financial data, examples, and literature
- Useful and Interesting Guidance through even the most complicated investments concepts.
- Concrete Background – The financial theories, models, and markets information students need.
- Examination of topics including portfolio analysis, valuation, and management of stocks and bonds.
- Real-world coverage – Discusses Exchange Traded Funds, operations on NYSE and NASDAQ, margin trading, electronic communication networks, global investing, and technical analysis.
- Pedagogy that works:
- Substantive Practice problems, Excel problems, and Cases
- Examples, Exhibits, Summaries, Key Words, and Web Resources
- Investments Intuition
- Checklist of Important Points
- Some Practical Advice, Checking Your Understanding, & Concepts in Action
- Usability – Use as a comprehensive text for class, a reference book, a source for actual CFA exam problems, or as a CFP primer.
- Ethics Integration: Ethics in Investing boxes throughout the text
- Structured and streamlined chapter sequence
- Student Involvers at the beginning of each chapter
- Concrete Background: The financial theories, models, and markets information students need. Examination of topics including portfolio analysis, valuation, and management of stocks and bonds.
- Real-World Coverage: Does a great job discussing Exchange Traded Funds, operations on NYSE and NASDAQ, margin trading, electronic communication networks, global investing, and technical analysis.
- Usability: Can be used as a comprehensive text for class, a reference book, a source for actual CFA exam problems, or as a CFP primer.
- Student examples are at the beginning of each chapter.
- Pedagogy that Works: There are Substantive Practice problems, Excel problems, Cases, Examples, Exhibits, Summaries, Key Words, Web Resources and more.
- Each chapter has a set of learning objectives which will aid the reader in determining what is to be accomplished in a particular chapter.
- Most chapters contain a designated feature called Concepts in Action which illustrate how one or more of the important topics in that chapter apply to every day life.
- Throughout the text Investments Intuition are designated to help the reader quickly grasp the intuition behind particular investing decisions in relation to the issues at hand in the chapter.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.