October 2012, ©2013
CHAPTER 1 Prologue
CHAPTER 2 On Leadership
CHAPTER 3 Self-Awareness and Skill Development
CHAPTER 4 The Leaders
CHAPTER 5 The Followers
CHAPTER 6 The Environments
CHAPTER 7 Toxic Leadership
CHAPTER 8 Epilogue
- Leadership presented as a process through the “triangle” approach, including the leader, a group of followers, and the organizational settings where the leader-follower interactions occur.
- Presentation and development of themes that leaders and followers encounter daily and through which, relevant research, theories and scholarly literature are illustrated.
- Coverage of leadership and team results discusses the effectiveness and outcomes of the entire leadership processincluding attracting and retaining talented colleagues and the impact of organizational environments on group outcomes.
- Unique and innovative chapter on Toxic Leadership examines the axiom that “people quit bad managers; they don’t quit organizations” while integrating all of the concepts in the book.
- NEW Bonus Cases - The below five cases will be available to add to Padilla, Leadership 1st Edition through Wiley Custom Select (customselect.wiley.com). Each case is accompanied by a teaching guide written by the author: 1. Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King, Jr., Communication and Leadership by Art Padilla & Laura Gail Lunsford 2. Teach for America by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla 3. Power and Leadership in Shakespeare’s Henry V by Art Padilla & Laura Gail Lunsford 4. George Custer: The Boy General by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla 5. Walmart de México by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.