October 2012, ©2013
Leadership is a process, not a person. In Leadership, author Art Padilla asserts that the dynamics of leadership involve leaders, followers and their environmentsthe organizational contexts within which leading and following take place. This triangle approach illustrates a more holistic and comprehensive view of leadership by focusing on all three dynamics.
While infused with the most contemporary research and latest theories, material comes to life through chapter inserts and mini cases featuring themes that leaders and followers regularly encounter, such as: mentoring and developing talent, ethics, integrity and credibility, teams, and toxic leadership.
Using the most current examples to demonstrate concepts, the author encourages students to perceive instances of leadership, and the leaders, followers and environments that make them relevant.
Five bonus cases are available to add to Padilla, Leadership through Wiley Custom Select (customselect.wiley.com). Each case is accompanied by a teaching guide written by authors Art Padilla and Laura Lundsford. Cases include: Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King, Jr., Communication and Leadership, Teach for America, Power and Leadership in Shakespeare’s Henry V, George Custer: The Boy General and Walmart de México.
CHAPTER 1 Prologue
CHAPTER 2 On Leadership
CHAPTER 3 Self-Awareness and Skill Development
CHAPTER 4 The Leaders
CHAPTER 5 The Followers
CHAPTER 6 The Environments
CHAPTER 7 Toxic Leadership
CHAPTER 8 Epilogue
- Leadership presented as a process through the “triangle” approach, including the leader, a group of followers, and the organizational settings where the leader-follower interactions occur.
- Presentation and development of themes that leaders and followers encounter daily and through which, relevant research, theories and scholarly literature are illustrated.
- Coverage of leadership and team results discusses the effectiveness and outcomes of the entire leadership processincluding attracting and retaining talented colleagues and the impact of organizational environments on group outcomes.
- Unique and innovative chapter on Toxic Leadership examines the axiom that “people quit bad managers; they don’t quit organizations” while integrating all of the concepts in the book.
- NEW Bonus Cases - The below five cases will be available to add to Padilla, Leadership 1st Edition through Wiley Custom Select (customselect.wiley.com). Each case is accompanied by a teaching guide written by the author: 1. Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King, Jr., Communication and Leadership by Art Padilla & Laura Gail Lunsford 2. Teach for America by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla 3. Power and Leadership in Shakespeare’s Henry V by Art Padilla & Laura Gail Lunsford 4. George Custer: The Boy General by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla 5. Walmart de México by Laura Gail Lunsford & Art Padilla
Wiley Instructor Companion Site
ENHANCE YOUR COURSE
Wiley Student Companion Site
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.