Introduction to Electric Circuits, 9th Edition
March 2013, ©2014
CHAPTER 1 Electric Circuit Variables 1
CHAPTER 2 Circuit Elements 20
CHAPTER 3 Resistive Circuits 53
CHAPTER 4 Methods of Analysis of Resistive Circuits 114
CHAPTER 5 Circuit Theorems 169
CHAPTER 6 The Operational Amplifier 219
CHAPTER 7 Energy Storage Elements 268
CHAPTER 8 The Complete Response of RL and RC Circuits 322
CHAPTER 9 The Complete Response of Circuits with Two Energy Storage Elements 378
CHAPTER 10 Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis 425
CHAPTER 11 AC Steady-State Power 504
CHAPTER 12 Three-Phase Circuits 568
CHAPTER 13 Frequency Response 604
CHAPTER 14 The Laplace Transform 670
CHAPTER 15 Fourier Series and Fourier Transform 741
CHAPTER 16 Filter Circuits 804
CHAPTER 17 Two-Port and Three-Port Networks 840
APPENDIX A Getting Started with PSpice 865
APPENDIX B MATLAB, Matrices, and Complex Arithmetic 873
APPENDIX C Mathematical Formulas 885
APPENDIX D Standard Resistor Color Code 889
- Major update of Chapter 10, Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis.
- Expanded use of problem-solving software PSpice and MATLAB.
- More end-of-chapter problems coded in WileyPLUS. The WileyPLUS online learning environment contains hundreds of problems with randomized variables, supporting student practice and faculty assessment of student progress and challenges.
- 180 Worked examples across all chapters in the text are also coded as WileyPLUS algorithmic problems, so students can practice on variations of the same approach demonstrated in the text.
- 140 new problems and 30 new examples have been added to the text.
- Presents a thorough overview of circuit theory and design that develops students’ ability to “think like an engineer.”
- Over 1300 problems including: basic analysis problems, compare and contrast problems, multipart problems, MATLAB and PSpice problems, and design problems.
- Each chapter concludes with a design example that uses a formal, five-step problem solving methodology.
- “How Can We Check” sections, teach students to assess their own work for correctness, and are included in each chapter.
- More than 260 illustrative examples demonstrate multiple approaches to solving similar problems.
- The WileyPLUS learning environment provides robust resources for self-evaluation of student progress and assessment of learning outcomes.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.