Fundamentals of Physics Extended, 10th Edition
August 2013, ©2014
The 10th edition of Hallidays Fundamentals of Physics building upon previous issues by offering several new features and additions. The new edition offers most accurate, extensive and varied set of assessment questions of any course management program in addition to all questions including some form of question assistance including answer specific feedback to facilitate success. The text also offers multimedia presentations (videos and animations) of much of the material that provide an alternative pathway through the material for those who struggle with reading scientific exposition. Furthermore, the book includes math review content in both a self-study module for more in-depth review and also in just-in-time math videos for a quick refresher on a specific topic. The Halliday content is widely accepted as clear, correct, and complete. The end-of-chapters problems are without peer. The new design, which was introduced in 9e continues with 10e, making this new edition of Halliday the most accessible and reader-friendly book on the market.
WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
Chapter 1 Measurement
Chapter 2 Motion Along a Straight Line
Chapter 3 Vector
Chapter 4 Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
Chapter 5 Force and Motion I
Chapter 6 Force and Motion II
Chapter 7 Kinetic Energy and Work
Chapter 8 Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy
Chapter 9 Center of Mass and Linear Momentum
Chapter 10 Rotation
Chapter 11 Rolling, Torque, and Angular Momentum
Chapter 12 Equilibrium and Elasticity
Chapter 13 Gravitation
Chapter 14 Fluids
Chapter 15 Oscillations
Chapter 16 Waves I
Chapter 17 Waves II
Chapter 18 Temperature, Heat, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
Chapter 19 The Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chapter 20 Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
Chapter 21 Electric Charge
Chapter 22 Electric Fields
Chapter 23 Gauss' Law
Chapter 24 Electric Potential
Chapter 25 Capacitance
Chapter 26 Current and Resistance
Chapter 27 Circuits
Chapter 28 Magnetic Fields
Chapter 29 Magnetic Fields Due to Currents
Chapter 30 Induction and Inductance
Chapter 31 Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current
Chapter 32 Maxwell's Equations; Magnetism of Matter
Chapter 33 Electromagnetic Waves
Chapter 34 Images
Chapter 35 Interference
Chapter 36 Diffraction
Chapter 37 Relativity
Chapter 38 Photons and Matter Waves
Chapter 39 More About Matter Waves
Chapter 40 All About Atoms
Chapter 41 Conduction of Electricity in Solids
Chapter 42 Nuclear Physics
Chapter 43 Energy from the Nucleus
Chapter 44 Quarks, Leptons, and the Big Bang
- Rewritten chapters. Based on feedback from his students, Jearl Walker has rewritten material that students find particularly challenging (eg Gauss’ law and electric potential). Some other changes include expanded coverage of the Schrödinger equation including reflection of matter waves from a step potential and a decoupling of the discussion of the Bohr atom from the Schrödinger solution for the hydrogen atom.
- New Sample Problems and Homework Question and Problems. 16 new sample problems, 350 problems and 50 questions some of which come from prior editions back by popular demand.
- WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. WileyPLUS is packed with interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–to give your students more value for their money.
- WileyPLUS is now equipped with an adaptive learning module called ORION. Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION, provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively. WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.
- The Flying Circus of Physics, written by Jearl Walker, is incorporated into sample problems, text examples and end-of-chapter problems providing interesting real-world physics.
- Reading questions (available online) help test for reading comprehension
- Checkpoints offer stopping points so students can check their understanding of a question.
- Sample problems demonstrate how problems can be solved with reasoned solutions rather than quick and simplistic plugging of numbers into an equation with no regard for what the equation means.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.