Business Development - A Market-Oriented Perspective
April 2012, ©2012
The book is divided into three modules focusing on the market-oriented business developer’s mindset, on providing a state-of-the-art toolbox for careful strategic analyses and decisions, and lastly on the critical aspects of business plans and their content.
The approach of the book is focused and selective in its choice of content and provides a cumulative development of the relevant topics. Each chapter includes an ‘implications for the market-oriented business developer’ at the end to enhance a student’s learning.
The content of the book is applicable to any new business venture as well as for the development and implementation of growth opportunities in mature organizations. Inherently international in its scope, the text includes numerous real world examples, taken from the author’s own experience as a biotech entrepreneur, as well as from the wider global business community.
Chapter 1. Introduction and Default Positions
Module 1. The Business Developer’s Mindset
Chapter 2. Business Development
Chapter 3. Market Orientation
Chapter 4. Innovation, the Entrepreneur, and Entrepreneurial Orientation
Chapter 5. Business Models and Business Plans
Module 2. The Business Developer’s Toolbox
Chapter 6. Strategy and Strategic Management
Chapter 7. The Business Environment – value creation I
Chapter 8. Resources and Organization Design – value creation II
Chapter 9. Value Appropriation and Property rights
Module 3. Crafting and Executing the Business Plan
Chapter 10. The Marketing Plan – marketing management and market research
Chapter 11. The Organization Plan – organizational development and governance
Chapter 12. The Finance Plan – financial statements, arrangements, and valuation
Chapter 13. Connecting the Dots – executing the business plan
- Defines business development and the tasks of the business developer
- Introduces market-oriented business development
- Introduces the notion and role of integrative generalists
- Explicitly focuses on value creation and value appropriation
- Provides a state-of-the art toolbox for careful strategic analyses and decisions
- Applied with strong theoretical foundation
- Includes guidelines for crafting and implementing superior business plans
- Focused and selective in choice of content
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.