Intermediate Accounting, 15th Edition
March 2013, ©2013
Kieso, Weygandt and Warfield’s Intermediate Accounting continues to set the standard for intermediate accounting students and professionals in the field. The Fifteenth edition builds on this legacy through new innovative student focused pedagogy in the book itself and with online support.
Kieso maintains the qualities for which the text is globally recognized, including its reputation for accuracy, comprehensiveness, accessibility, and quality problem material that best prepares students for success on the CPA exam. The Fifteenth edition offers the most up to date coverage of IFRS and US GAAP in a presentational format suited to the complex challenges of teaching intermediate in these changing times.
The WileyPLUS homework and learning platform is better than it has ever been for Kieso, with a multitude of new assessment items, multimedia resources, and enhanced functionality to ensure students will do real accounting and get real results. There have also never been so many options for accessing content, from several online only options, premium value print and digital formats, and custom versions designed to fit your needs perfectly.
1 Financial Accounting and Accounting Standards 2
2 Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting 42
3 The Accounting Information System 82
4 Income Statement and Related Information 158
5 Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows 212
6 Accounting and the Time Value of Money 286
7 Cash and Receivables 344
8 Valuation of Inventories: A Cost-Basis Approach 414
9 Inventories: Additional Valuation Issues 472
10 Acquisition and Disposition of Property, Plant, and Equipment 536
11 Depreciation, Impairments, and Depletion 588
12 Intangible Assets 648
13 Current Liabilities and Contingencies 700
14 Long-Term Liabilities 762
15 Stockholders’ Equity 820
16 Dilutive Securities and Earnings per Share 882
17 Investments 950
18 Revenue Recognition 1040
19 Accounting for Income Taxes 1116
20 Accounting for Pensions and Postretirement Benefits 1182
21 Accounting for Leases 1268
22 Accounting Changes and Error Analysis 1342
23 Statement of Cash Flows 1410
24 Full Disclosure in Financial Reporting 1486
- End of Chapter Exercises have all been updated from the previous edition.
- Learning objectives have been added and/or updated to provide tighter alignment to the material covered in the chapter.
- Most chapters now have a new comprehensive Demonstration Problem with a worked out solution for students to test their understanding.
- New Evolving Issue boxes in most chapters to highlight areas that are under consideration for change by the accounting standards setting boards.
- Chapter opening navigation aids guide students to the areas of international and conceptual focus in each chapter.
- Straightforward presentation of similarities and differences between GAAP and IFRS in the Relevant Facts section of the IFRS Insights.
- Revised spreadsheet design in illustrations, to depict more accurately the worksheets that students will use.
- Most authoritative book for the Intermediate Accounting course with an award winning author Team for Success
- Integrated Codification: Was the first text on the market to integrate the latest FASB Codification.
- It has a proven track record: Nearly 70% of the students and instructors use this text.
- The best supplements available, including high quality PowerPoint’s with numerous review questions and a revised test bank tailored to AACSB, AICPA, and IMA professional standards.
- Best End-of-Chapter material: Intermediate Accounting is known for having the highest quality and greatest quantity of end-of-chapter assessment material for this course.
- Currency and Accuracy: Refined and revised over multiple editions this text provides the highest level of currency and accuracy available. This includes new accounting standards, the latest contemporary issues being debated, and any new international developments.
- Provides market leading CPA prep content such as integrating Financial Accounting and Research System (FARS) problems to the “Using Your Judgment” section at the end of each chapter.
- Professional Simulations in the Using Your Judgment section of the end-of-chapter material reflect the latest version (format) of the CPA professional exam and provide important CPA practice.
- Sets the standard for IFRS coverage with unmatched IFRS Insight features at the end of every chapter including IFRS questions and problems. Also integrates IFRS through International Perspectives found throughout each chapter
- WileyPLUS for Accountingis a research-based, online environment for effective teaching and learning.