70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
February 2013, ©2014
This text does not include not include a MOAC Labs Online access code.
This 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 textbook prepares your certification students for the first of a series of three exams which validate the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure into an existing enterprise environment. This Microsoft Official Academic Course is mapped to the 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam objectives. This textbook focuses on real skills for real jobs and prepares students to prove mastery of core services such as Active Directory and networking services. In addition, this book also covers such valuable skills as:
• Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
• Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
• Implementing Local Storage
• Implementing File and Print Services
• Implementing Group Policy
• Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
The MOAC IT Professional series is the Official from Microsoft, turn-key Workforce training program that leads to professional certification and was authored for college instructors and college students. MOAC gets instructors ready to teach and students ready for work by delivering essential resources in 5 key areas: Instructor readiness, student software, student assessment, instruction resources, and learning validation. With the Microsoft Official Academic course program, you are getting instructional support from Microsoft; materials that are accurate and make course delivery easy. Request your sample materials today.
2 Configuring Servers 32
3 Configuring Local Storage 59
4 Configuring File and Share Access 97
5 Configuring Print and Document Services 135
6 Configuring Servers for Remote Management 169
7 Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine Settings 197
8 Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine Storage 225
9 Creating and Configuring Virtual Networks 248
10 Configuring IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing 267
11 Deploying and Configuring the DHCP Service 298
12 Deploying and Configuring the DNS Service 333
13 Installing Domain Controllers 370
14 Creating and Managing Active Directory Users and Computers 405
15 Creating and Managing Active Directory Groups and Organizational Units 430
16 Creating Group Policy Objects 460
17 Configuring Security Policies 489
18 Configuring Application Restriction Policies 522
19 Configuring Windows Firewall 550
Appendix A 574
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.