70-687 Configuring Windows 8
August 2013, ©2014
This 70-687 Configuring Windows 8 textbook prepares your student for the first of two required exams for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 certification. Students master configuration or support for Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. Those in this IT Professional career field are prepared to work with networks configured as a domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. In addition, these IT Professionals will have mastered the skills requred to be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities. Additional skills addressed in this textbook:
- Install and Upgrade to Windows 8
- Configure Hardware and Applications
- Configure Network Connectivity
- Configure Access to Resources
- Configure Remote Access and Mobility
- Monitor and Maintain Windows Clients
- Configure Backup and Recovery Options
1 Evaluating Hardware Readiness and Capability 1
2 Installing Windows 8 27
3 Migrating and Configuring User Data 56
4 Working with Disks and Devices 80
5 Installing and Configuring Desktop Applications 101
6 Installing and Configuring Windows Store Applications 120
7 Controlling Access to Local Hardware and Applications 140
8 Configuring Internet Explorer 154
9 Configuring Client Hyper-V 190
10 Configuring IP Settings 213
11 Configuring Network Settings 253
12 Configuring and Maintaining Network Security 273
13 Configuring Remote Management 301
14 Configuring Shared Resources 320
15 Configuring File and Folder Access 363
16 Configuring Local Security Settings 395
17 Configuring Authentication and Authorization 416
18 Configuring Remote Connections 463
19 Configuring Mobility Options 489
20 Configuring Security for Mobile Devices 517
21 Configuring and Managing Updates 541
22 Managing Local Storage 563
23 Monitoring System Performance 596
24 Configuring Backup 641
25 Configuring System Recovery Options 661
26 Configuring File Recovery Options 683
Appendix A 695
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.