70-687 Configuring Windows 8
August 2013, ©2014
This 70-687 Configuring Windows 8 textbook prepares your student for the first of two required exams for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 certification. Students master configuration or support for Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. Those in this IT Professional career field are prepared to work with networks configured as a domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. In addition, these IT Professionals will have mastered the skills requred to be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities. Additional skills addressed in this textbook:
- Install and Upgrade to Windows 8
- Configure Hardware and Applications
- Configure Network Connectivity
- Configure Access to Resources
- Configure Remote Access and Mobility
- Monitor and Maintain Windows Clients
- Configure Backup and Recovery Options
I. Install and Upgrade to Windows 8.
Chapter 1. Evaluate Hardware Readiness and Compatibility.
Chapter 2. Install Windows 8.
Chapter 3. Migrate and Configure User Data.
II. Configure Hardware and Applications.
Chapter 4. Configure Devices and Device Drivers.
Chapter 5. Install and Configure Desktop Applications.
Chapter 6. Install and Configure Windows Store Applications.
Chapter 7. Control Access to Local Hardware And Applications.
Chapter 8. Configure Internet Explorer.
Chapter 9. Configure Hyper-V.
III. Configure Network Connectivity.
Chapter 10. Configure IP Settings.
Chapter 11. Configure Networking Settings.
Chapter 12. Configure and Maintain Network Security.
Chapter 13. Configure Remote Management.
IV. Configure Access to Resources.
Chapter 14. Configure Shared Resources.
Chapter 15. Configure File and Folder Access.
Chapter 16. Configure Local Security Settings.
Chapter 17. Configure Authentication and Authorization.
V. Configure Remote Access and Mobility.
Chapter 18. Configure Remote Connections.
Chapter 19. Configure Mobility Options.
Chapter 20. Configure Security for Mobile Devices.
VI. Monitor and Maintain Windows Clients.
Chapter 21. Configure and Manage Updates.
Chapter 22. Manage Local Storage.
Chapter 23. Monitor System Performance.
VII. Configure Backup and Recovery Options.
Chapter 24. Configure Backup.
Chapter 25. Configure System Recovery Options.
Chapter 26. Configure File Recovery Options.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.