The Copywriter's Toolkit - The Complete Guide to Strategic Advertising Copy
August 2012, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
- Introduces essential conceptual strategies and key writing techniques for result-driven copy
- Provides practical advice on writing for specific media including: print, radio, TV, websites, blogs, social media, ambient, digital, direct mail, product packaging, and viral marketing
- Covers all areas of copy development: on-strategy and on-target messaging; headline and slogan creation; brand personality and tone of voice; broadcast production conceptualization and print / digital typesetting consideration
- Presents innovative visual examples from exciting multimedia campaigns, comments from copywriters at world-renowned agencies, inspiring radio scripts, TV scripts and storyboards, effective blog posts, imaginative package copy, and more
- Shares invaluable writing tips and insights from award-winning copywriters currently at global agencies
- Includes supplementary website an instructor’s manual, sample syllabus, PowerPoint presentations, and creative assignments, as well as student study aids, flashcards, podcasts and/or webinars by the author, and links to sample and featured campaigns, agencies, and related videos
1 THE PERSUASIVE WORD: strategy ABCs: audience, benefits, and creative briefs 1
2 THE STRATEGIC WORD: strategy categories 15
3 THE CHOSEN WORD: writing techniques 32
4 THE STICKY WORD: headline and slogan techniques 44
5 THE WRITTEN WORD: print 59
6 THE SPOKEN WORD: radio 85
7 THE ANIMATED WORD: television 115
8 THE DELIVERED AND ABRIDGED WORD: direct mail, mobile, and small-space writing 167
9 THE AMBIENT AND MOVING WORD: out-of-home and transit 196
10 THE ONLINE COMMUNAL WORD: digital dialogue, virtual community, blogging 224
11 THE ONLINE WORD: websites 242
12 THE BUZZ WORD: interactive engagement, social media, viral marketing 265
13 THE MULTIMEDIA WORD: integrated campaigns 289
14 THE GLOBAL WORD: multicultural and international campaigns 314
“The Copywriter's Toolkit is one of the few books I have read that applies to the meeting room as much as the classroom. I found the relationship between strategy and execution to be right on. I highly recommend it.”—Joe Zubizarreta, CEA, Zubi Advertising Services
“Berman has succeeded in explaining the entire, global, advertising ecosystem in one comprehensive, easy-to-read book.”—Pippa Seichrist, President, Cofounder, Miami Ad School
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.