Color Atlas of Veterinary Histology, 3rd Edition
June 2012, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
For the first time, the more than 900 photomicrographs are available digitally in an interactive atlas on CD, offering images available for download with zoom capability. The new edition of this veterinary-specific histology atlas provides veterinary and veterinary technician students with an essential pictorial resource for interpreting histologic preparations.
3 Connective Tissue Proper and Embryonic Connective Tissue
5 Bone Tissue
7 Bone Marrow
8 Muscle Tissue
9 Nervous System
10 Cardiovascular System
11 Lymphatic System
13 Digestive System
14 Urinary System
15 Respiratory System
16 Endocrine System
17 Male Reproductive System
18 Female Reproductive System
19 The Eye
20 The Ear
Linda M. Bacha, VMD, is Assistant Professor I of Biology in the Department of Biology, Camden County College, Blackwood, New Jersey.
- Offers a practical resource for interpreting histologic and cytologic preparations
- Designed as a benchtop guide to aid in recognizing normal tissue components
- Covers the histology of dogs, cats, horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, and chickens
- Revised with more and better photomicrographs, updated terminology, and expanded information
- Expands on the introductory information on tissue types to provide a stronger foundation in histology
- Includes an interactive histology atlas with zoom capability and images available for download on a companion CD
“However, for novices tackling histology for the first time, the expansion of the introductory sections, helpful hints, information delivered mainly as coloured images and the interactive DVD, all make the third edition very attractive and user-friendly.” (The Veterinary Journal, 1 August 2013)
“Despite those deficiencies, the book is fairly priced and is a one-of-a-kind English-language, educational resource.” (Journal of The American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 March 2013)
“The CD provided will help you revising. The key to passing your next “histo” exam is now available!.” (Tomorrow's vets, 1 September 2013)
“The text would be helpful to students studying veterinary histology and as a reference for both veterinarians in practice and veterinary pathologists.” (Australian Veterinary Journal, 1 April 2013)
"The revisions provide the latest information while a DVD with an interactive histology atlas offers zoom capability and more study review questions, making this a 'must' for any college-level collection appealing to veterinary students." (Bookwatch, 1 December 2012)“The great photographs in this book make it attractive, and draw the reader in to explore the attached text explaining the ways that the different types of tissue contribute to a working anatomy.” (Veterinary Practice, 1 November 2012)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.