Economic Analysis in Healthcare, 2e
May 2012, ©2012
Economic Analysis in Health Care, Second Edition is intended as a core textbook for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of health economics. The authors provide comprehensive coverage of the field of economics in health care and the evaluation of health care technologies.
This edition has been fully revised with up-to-date case studies from the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World. It includes a new chapter on health care labour markets and contains new material integrated throughout the text on the economics of public health.
- Adopts an international perspective towards topics in health economics
- Creates a useful balance of theoretical treatment and practical application throughout the book
- Focuses on both market-related and economic evaluation aspects of health economics
Chapter 2. The Demand for Health Care
Chapter 3. The Production and Costs of Health Care
Chapter 4. The Supply of Health Care
Chapter 5. Markets, Market Failure and the Role of Government in Health Care
Chapter 6. Health Insurance and Health Care Financing
Chapter 7. Equity in Health Care
Chapter 8. Health Care Labour Markets
Chapter 9. Welfarist and Non-Welfarist Foundations of Economic Evaluation
Chapter 10. Principles of Economic Evaluation in Health Care
Chapter 11. Measuring and Valuing Health Care Output
Chapter 12. Economic Evaluation Methods
Chapter 13. The Use of Economic Evaluation in Decision Making
- Fully revised with up-to-date case studies from the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World
- A new chapter on health care labour markets
- New material has been integrated throughout on the economics of public health
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.