Essentials of Clinical Immunology, 6th Edition
January 2014, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
Essentials of Clinical Immunology provides the most up-to-date, core information required to understand diseases with an immunological basis. Clinically focussed, the sixth edition of this classic text presents theoretical and practical information in a simple yet thorough way.
Essentials of Clinical Immunology covers the underlying pathophysiology, the signs and symptoms of disease, the investigations required and guidance on the management of patients.
Perfect for clinical medical students, junior doctors and medical professionals seeking a refresher in the role of immunology in clinical medicine, this comprehensive text features fully updated clinical information, boxes with key points, real-life case histories to illustrate key concepts and an index of contents at the start of each chapter.
A companion website at www.immunologyclinic.com provides additional learning tools, including more case studies, interactive multiple-choice questions and answers, all of the photographs and illustrations from the book, links to useful websites, and a selection of review articles from the journal Clinical and Experimental Immunology.
This title is also available as a mobile App from MedHand Mobile Libraries. Buy it now from iTunes, Google Play or the MedHand Store.
Preface to the Sixth Edition iv
Preface to the First Edition v
How to Use Your Textbook vi
About the Companion Website ix
Key to Illustrations x
1 Basic Components: Structure and Function 1
2 Infection 34
3 Immunodeficiency 54
4 Anaphylaxis and Allergy 86
5 Autoimmunity 105
6 Lymphoproliferative Disorders 121
7 Immune Manipulation 137
8 Transplantation 157
9 Kidney Diseases 171
10 Joints and Muscles 194
11 Skin Diseases 219
12 Eye Diseases 236
13 Chest Diseases 245
14 Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases 263
15 Endocrinology and Diabetes 288
16 Non-Malignant Haematological Diseases 300
17 Neuroimmunology 312
18 Immunological Diseases in Pregnancy 324
19 Techniques in Clinical Immunology 332
Appendix: Further Resources 351
I like the book very much, Well structured around organ system that makes it easy to learn about a specific problem for example around a patient. (Anders Fasth, University of Gothenburg)
features additional learning tools:
- more case studies
- interactive multiple-choice questions and answers
- all of the photographs and illustrations from the book
- links to useful websites
- review articles from the journal Clinical and Experimental Immunology
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.