Lecture Notes: Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat, 11th Edition
December 2013, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
The new edition of Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes provides an updated and comprehensive overview of one of the fastest growing specialties in medicine.
New features include:
• A revamped layout and structure comprising four sections: The ear, hearing and balance, The nose and sinuses, The head and neck and ENT emergencies
• Additional content including facial plastic surgery, emergencies and maxillofacial trauma, and 50 brand new illustrations and images
• Treatment and management now highlighted for quick reference
The brand new companion website at www.lecturenoteseries.com/ENT features over 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), key revision points, and links to further online resources.
Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat Lecture Notes is ideal for the busy medical student new to this area or as a useful review and revision aid later in their course.
How to use your textbook, viii
About the companion website, xii
Part 1 The ear, hearing and balance
1 The ear: applied basic science, 3
2 Clinical examination of the ear, 8
3 Testing the hearing, 10
4 Deafness, 18
5 Conditions of the pinna, 25
6 Conditions of the external auditory meatus, 31
7 Otitis media, 39
8 Acute otitis media, 41
9 Chronic otitis media, 45
10 Complications of middle-ear infection, 50
11 Otitis media with effusion, 56
12 Earache (otalgia), 61
13 Tinnitus, 63
14 Balance disorders, 65
15 Facial nerve paralysis, 71
Part 2 The nose and sinuses
16 Clinical examination of the nose and nasopharynx, 77
17 The nasal septum, 82
18 Acute nose and sinus infections, 87
19 Tumours of the nose, sinuses and nasopharynx, 93
20 Rhinitis and nasal polyps, 97
21 Facial plastic surgery, 105
Part 3 The head and neck
22 Adenoids, 113
23 The oropharynx and tonsils, 117
24 Snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS), 126
25 The larynx: applied basic science and examination, 130
26 Inflammatory disorders of the larynx, 136
27 Head and neck cancer, 141
28 Voice disorders, 148
29 The pharynx and upper oesophagus, 153
30 Tracheostomy, 158
31 Diseases of the salivary glands, 165
32 Neck lumps, 173
Part 4 ENT emergencies
33 Injuries of the ear and temporal bone, 183
34 Nasal emergencies, 187
35 Airway obstruction, 192
36 Airway obstruction in infants and children, 195
37 Pharyngeal and oesophageal ingested foreign bodies, 205
38 Neck trauma, 208
39 Maxillofacial trauma, 211
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.