Effective Healthcare Leadership
November 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Contributors.
SECTION 1. THE CHALLENGES OF LEADERSHIP IN HEALTHCARE.
1. The Context of Healthcare Leadership in Britain Today (Melanie Jasper).
2. What is Leadership? A Critical Overview of Frameworks, Models and Theories (Mansour Jumaa).
3. What is Effective Healthcare Leadership? A Case Study of the NHS in England (Mansour Jumaa).
4. Strategic Leadership for Healthcare Management (Mark Hodder and Stuart Marples).
5. Healthcare Governance Through Effective Leadership (Rob McSherry, Alyson Wadding and Paddy Pearce).
SECTION 2. USING THE CLINLAP/LEADLAP MODEL FOR EFFECTIVE HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP.
6. The CLINLAP Model - A Model for Nursing Management and Leadership Development (Mansour Jumaa).
7. Implementing the CLINLAP Model - A Case Study of Policy Change in Managing Deliberate Self-Harm (Janice Phillips, Helen Julu, Gülner Salih and Chris Gbolo).
8. Leadership Through Group Clinical Supervision (Jo Alleyne and Mansour Jumaa).
9. Leadership for Evidence-Based Practice (Mansour Jumaa, Ilkka Kunnamo and Melanie Jasper).
10. Leadership for Emotional Intelligence (Mansour Jumaa).
SECTION 3. STRATEGIES FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP.
11. Leading Change in Primary and Community Care (Lindsey Hayes).
12. Leading an Older Persons’ Outreach and Support Team Through Transformational Leadership (Nadia Chambers).
13. Leadership for Practice Development (Theresa Shaw).
14. Leadership in an Interprofessional Context: Learning from Learning Disability (Janet McCray).
SECTION 4. CHALLENGES FOR LEADERSHIP IN THE FUTURE.
15. The Challenges for Leadership in the Future (Melanie Jasper).
Melanie Jasper is Course Leader for MSc Nursing Studies, MA Advanced Professional Practice in Healthcare and the Professional Doctorate in Nursing at the University of Portsmouth.
Dr Mansour Jumaa is Principal Lecturer of Health Care and Nursing Management at the School of Health and Social Sciences, Middlesex University, and is also Director of the Sussex Research and Development Centre for Work Based Learning (CWBL).
* Demonstrates practical application of management theories, tools and techniques
* Critiques strategies for leadership in healthcare
* Examines leadership initiatives including healthcare governance, evidence based practice, practice development, emotional intelligence and group clinical supervision
* Explores leadership in different contexts of care
* Focuses on outcomes of different leadership strategies
* Presents an evidence-based approach for implementing effective change
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.