The Law and the Midwife, 2nd Edition
December 2003, ©2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This new edition includes new and revised case studies throughout. It also contains new sections on NHS accountability, the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act, reproductive technologies and disciplinary pathways.
· Relates legal issues to everyday midwifery practice
· Written by an experienced midwife for midwives
· Accessible, relevant and up-to-date
Chapter 1 The Legal Framework.
Chapter 2 The Statutory Profession of Midwifery.
Chapter 3 The Statutory Regulation of Midwifery.
Chapter 4 Accountability within the NHS.
Chapter 5 Negligence in Midwifery Practice.
Chapter 6 Consent and Refusal.
Chapter 7 Use and Abuse of Information.
Chapter 8 Aspects of Law Related to Reproduction and Child Protection.
Chapter 9 Aspects of Employment Law.
Chapter 10 Application to Midwifery Practice
* written by a midwife for midwives
* builds on the author's extensive experience
* relates legal issues to everyday midwifery practice
* includes a new chapter on NHS accountability
* contains new and revised case studies throughout
* relevant and up-to-date
* incorporates 2003 Midwives' Rules
* includes new sections on the human rights act, data protection act, reproductive technologies and disciplinary pathways
“The book is written with commendable and enviable clarity… Get this book. Read it. Go back to it.”
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology
“I would recommend every midwife to obtain a copy of one or other of them, both to assist her safe practice and allay fears of ignorance about the law as it refers to midwifery.”
“It is clear that this is a book written by a midwife for midwives. The examples used being topical, relevant and recognisable. I found this book fascinating….”
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.