Understanding Business Statistics
December 2013, ©2014
This text is an unbound, binder-ready edition.
Written in a conversational tone, Freed, Understanding Business Statistics presents topics in a systematic and organized manner to help students navigate the material. Demonstration problems appear alongside the concepts, making the content easier to understand. By explaining the reasoning behind each exercise, students are more inclined to engage with the material and gain a clear understanding of how to apply statistics to the business world. Freed, Understanding Business Statistics is accompanied by WileyPLUS, a research-based, online environment for effective teaching and learning. This online learning system gives students instant feedback on homework assignments, provides video tutorials and variety of study tools, and offers instructors thousands of reliable, accurate problems (including every problem from the book) to deliver automatically graded assignments or tests. Available in or outside of the Blackboard Learn Environment, WileyPLUS resources help reach all types of learners and give instructors the tools they need to enhance course material.
WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
Chapter 2 - Descriptive Statistics I: Elementary Data Presentation and Description
Chapter 3 - Descriptive Statistics II: Additional Descriptive Measures and Data Displays
Chapter 4 - Probability
Chapter 5 - Discrete Probability Distributions
Chapter 6 - Continuous Probability Distributions
Chapter 7 - Statistical Inference: Estimating a Population Mean
Chapter 8 - Interval Estimates for Proportions, Mean Differences and Proportion Differences
Chapter 9 - Statistical Hypothesis Testing: Hypothesis Tests for a Population Mean
Chapter 10 - Hypothesis Tests for Proportions, Mean Differences and Proportion Differences
Chapter 11 - Basic Regression Analysis
Chapter 12 - Multiple Regression
Chapter 13 - F Tests and Analysis of Variance
Chapter 13 - (part 2) Experimental Design (Online Only)
Chapter 14 - Chi-Square Tests
APPENDIX A: Tables
APPENDIX B: Answers to selected even-numbered exercises
- Conversational Narrative: The accessible writing style speaks to students, not at them, to make the concepts of Business Statistics more approachable.
- Real-world Data: Infused throughout the text are real-life data and real-world business examples to help students understand not only how, but also why business decisions are made.
- WileyPLUS: The research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning provides practice questions with instant feedback, automatically graded homework and testing, a complete e-book and a suite of teaching and learning resources.
- Business Scenarios: Each chapter includes an opening case of an interesting business-related story and throughout the text are high-interest examples that help students see statistical information in context. With Freed, students can grasp data analysis as they build an appreciation for the role business statistics plays in making sound business decisions.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.