Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses, 11th Edition
August 2013, ©2013, Wiley-Blackwell
In this brand-new 11th edition of the original, best-selling book, Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses gives you the same great comprehensive coverage of everything students preparing for their dental nurse qualification need to know, and also includes for the first time:
- A new look and feel, packed with illustrations and diagrams to make visual learning easy
- Key Learning Points in every chapter help you master essential information
- An accompanying website designed to help you test your knowledge with self-assessment exercises, case-studies and downloadable images
Fully in line with the most recent developments in dental nursing practice and education, Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses is the only dental nursing book written specifically to cater to the new NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing.
Written by Carole Hollins, the former Chair of the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, the new edition of Levison's classic textbook is the only companion you need to get you through to qualification as a successful and accomplished dental nurse.
Introduction to the Eleventh Edition vi
Introduction to the First Edition viii
How to use your Textbook and Companion Website xiii
Copyright Information xv
Chapter 1: Structure of the Dental Profession 1
Chapter 2: The Dental Nurse 9
Chapter 3: Legal and Ethical Issues 30
Chapter 4: Health and Safety in the Dental Workplace 74
Chapter 5: General Anatomy and Physiology 123
Chapter 6: Medical Emergencies 155
Chapter 7: Microbiology and Pathology 181
Chapter 8: Infection Control and Cleanliness 197
Chapter 9: Head and Neck Anatomy and Physiology 229
Chapter 10: Oral Anatomy and Physiology 248
Chapter 11: Oral Disease 274
Chapter 12: Oral Health Assessment and Diagnosis 307
Chapter 13: Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention 352
Chapter 14: Pain and Anxiety Control 386
Chapter 15: Restorative Dentistry 417
Chapter 16: Prosthodontics 473
Chapter 17: Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery 529
About the Author
Carole Hollins is a dental practitioner and member of the British Dental Association. She is a member of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners and a former presiding examiner for the NEBDN. She was a previous Chairman of both the National Certificate Committee and the Qualifications Council. Carole Hollins is the author of NVQs for Dental Nurses, Questions and Answers for Dental Nurses and Basic Guide to Dental Procedures
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.