MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications 5th Edition
January 2014, ©2014
Chapter 1 Starting With MATLAB
Chapter 2 Creating Arrays
Chapter 3 Mathematical Operations with Arrays
Chapter 4 Using Script Files and Managing Data
Chapter 5 Two-Dimensional Plots
Chapter 6 Programming In MATLAB
Chapter 7 User-Defined Functions and Function Files
Chapter 8 Polynomials, Curve Fitting, and Interpolation
Chapter 9 Applications in Numerical Analysis
Chapter 10 Three-Dimensional PlotsChapter 11 Symbolic Math
- More than 200 completely new problems have been added to the Fifth Edition.
- New tutorial videos provide students with “virtual office hours” explanations of example problems. This is an important feature in courses that often have large enrollments and limited teaching staff.
- Homework problems have been updated to cover a wider range of applications.
- Examples have been updated to ensure coverage is consistent with the latest version of MATLAB.
- Focused on applying MATLAB as a tool to solve engineering problems.
- Annotated programs simplify topic explanations.
- Helps students learn programming and how to put MATLAB commands to use right away.
- Well-organized text completely explains a topic, and then shows how to apply it to solve engineering problems.
- Subject matter includes arrays, mathematical operations with arrays, script files, 2-D and 3-D plotting, programming (flow control), user defined functions, anonymous functions, function functions, function handles, subfunctions and nested functions, polynomials, curve fitting, interpolation, and applications in numerical analysis.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.