AAEVT's Equine Manual for Veterinary Technicians
May 2009, ©2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations xiii
Deborah Reeder and Sheri Miller
1 General Horse Management 3
2 Equine Nutrition 11
Mary Beth Gordon J. K. Young K. E. Davison and R. H. Raub
3 Applied Anatomy and Physiology 47
Amanda M. House Kira Epstein Laura Riggs and Kelsey A. Hart
4 Equine Reproduction 93
Michelle LeBlanc and Audrey Kelleman
5 Equine Wellness Program 131
6 Foal Care 147
Bonnie S. Barr DeeAnn Wilfong Laura Javsicas Tanya M. Balaam-Morgan and Dana Zimmel
7 Equine Pharmacology 165
Jennifer L. Davis
8 Laboratory Diagnosis in Equine Practice 187
Craig F. Shoemaker
9 Equine Anesthesia 217
Erin M. McNally and Luisito S. Pablo
10 Surgical Assistance 249
Gail Broussard Elizabeth Hinton and Tracy McArthur
11 Nursing Care 265
Bonnie S. Barr Dennis Brooks Laura Javsicas and Dana Zimmel
12 Technical Procedures 301
DeeAnn Wilfong and Bryan Waldridge
13 Diagnostic Procedures 317
Katherine Garrett and Midge Leitch
14 Common Equine Medical Emergencies 341
15 Equine Office Procedures 355
Sheri Miller, LVT is the president of the American Association of Equine Veterinary Technicians.
DeeAnn Wilfong, BS, CVT is the president-elect of the American Association of Equine Veterinary Technicians.
Midge Leitch, VMD, DAVCS is the Clinician in Radiology at New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine.
Dana Zimmel, DVM, DACVIM, DABVP (Equine Practice) is on the faculty at the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Florida.
The one thing I really like about this text is the sample forms (eg, dental charts, general procedure forms, and client-consent forms) designed specifically for equine patients. This text has great potential for being incorporated into a veterinary technology curriculum." (Vet Med Today, August 2010)
"The text is well organized and thorough, provides excellent academic knowledge, and covers topics that are most likely to be encountered by a veterinary technician employed in equine medicine... the authors did an extremely good job of providing the elements in a complete and compact package for students interested in this topic. The one thing I really like about this text is the sample forms (eg, dental charts, general procedure forms, and client-consent forms) designed specifically for equine patients. This text has great potential for being incorporated into a veterinary technology curriculum." (JAVMA, June 2010)
“This is a complete and thorough manual for a very specific audience and the quality of the information is first rate.” (Doody’s, May 2010)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.