Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts 16th Edition
November 2013, ©2014
Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts, 16th Edition helps readers build and develop their “mental map” of the world around them. Topics covered in this text are diverse and the skills, concepts, ideas, and terms that students are expected to learn are numerous. Regions is a time-tested and carefully crafted text with a long history of authority and dependability. The continued focus on creating strong and effective content and technology to empower learning allows instructors to structure their students’ learning experience both inside and outside of the classroom. A robust suite of resources, assignments built around raw data, and map quizzes/tests encourage interaction at multiple cognitive levels. Having this interactivity built around “tried-and-true” content will help readers construct and explain their “mental maps” of the world while furthering their understanding and application of important concepts, ideas, and terms.
Introduction World Regional Geography: Global Perspectives
Chapter 1A The European Realm
Chapter 1B European Regions
Chapter 2A The Russian Realm
Chapter 2B Russian Regions
Chapter 3A The North American Realm
Chapter 3B North American Regions
Chapter 4A The Middle American Realm
Chapter 4B Middle American Regions
Chapter 5A The South American Realm
Chapter 5B South American Regions
Chapter 6A The Subsaharan African Realm
Chapter 6B Subsaharan African Regions
Chapter 7A The North African/Southwest Asian Realm
Chapter 7B North African/Southwest Asian Regions
Chapter 8A The South Asian Realm
Chapter 8B South Asian Regions
Chapter 9A The East Asian Realm
Chapter 9B East Asian Regions
Chapter 10A The Southeast Asian Realm
Chapter 10B Southeast Asian Regions
Chapter 11 The Austral Realm
Chapter 12 Pacific Realm And Polar Futures
- Every chapter has been updated with new content to reflect the geographic upheavals going on throughout the world. For example, chapter 7A and 7B document the progression of the Arab Spring, and how this has affected different national contexts. This is meant to familiarize the student with the rapidly changing global environment and shifting territories.
- Highlights the growth of burgeoning megacities such as Tokyo, Moscow, and Istanbul. Also expanded the city maps in many of the Greatest Cities in the World boxes to reflect these changes
- New and updated From the Field Notes as well as Voice from the Region in every chapter
Regions offers students the ability to learn the importance of Geography on a detailed level. Students learn about the constantly changing geography of our world through features such as:
- The Voice From the Region feature is included in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm.
- In the Regional Issue Feature, two voices state opposing viewpoints regarding an issue that bedevils the realm and has geographic context. These comments are intended to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Web-based GeoDiscoveries multimedia package. This multimedia resource contains a number of activities, links, lessons and quizzes for many of the key concepts studied in regional geography.
- Table G-1, Area and Demographic Table for the World's States, which is a valuable resource and information base for students and instructors.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.