Discovering Physical Geography 3rd Edition
December 2013, ©2014
Chapter 1: Introduction to Physical Geography
Chapter 2: The Geographers' Tools
Chapter 3: Earth-Sun Geometry and the Seasons
Chapter 4: The Global Energy System
Chapter 5: Global Temperature Patterns
Chapter 6: Atmospheric Pressure, Wind, and Global Circulation
Chapter 7: Atmospheric Moisture and Precipitation
Chapter 8: Air Masses and Cyclonic Weather Systems
Chapter 9: Global Climates and Global Climate Change
Chapter 10: Plant Geography
Chapter 11: The Global Distribution and Character of Soils
Chapter 12: Earth’s Internal Structure, Rock Cycle, and Geologic Time
Chapter 13: Tectonic Processes and Landforms
Chapter 14: Weathering and Mass Movements
Chapter 15: Groundwater and Karst Landscapes
Chapter 16: Fluvial Systems and Landforms
Chapter 17: Glacial Geomorphology: Processes and Landforms
Chapter 18: Arid Landscapes and Eolian Processes
Chapter 19: Coastal Processes and Landforms
Chapter 20: Population Growth and Environmental Impacts
- Enhanced focus on the interconnections between humans and their environment, with increased coverage of population growth and its impact.
- Substantially reorganized climate chapter to make room for coverage of global climate change.
- Strengthened content dealing with human interactions with solar energy, wind power, soils and petroleum.
- All chapters are now organized around learning objectives.
- Key Concepts to Remember: An interim summary feature that appears after specific sections of the chapter are covered.
- Visual Concept Check: Offers a scenario with questions and illustrations to test students understanding as they proceed through the chapter.
- Locator maps: Critical photographs are accompanied by a small map indicating the location of the site shown.
- Marginal glossary: Contains key terms are set in boldface type in the text and defined in the margin for easy recognition and reference.
- Check Your Understanding: Self-assessment questions, with illustrations to aid recall.
- What the Geographer Sees: Shows students how geographers interpret landscapes through "more than meets the eye" photos.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.