In the Hands of a Baker
September 2013, ©2014
THE BAKING AND PASTRY PROFESSIONAL 1
SCALING AND MEASURING TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES 5
CUTTING TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES 17
SMALL TOOLS AND APPLIANCES USAGE AND TECHNIQUES 29
BREAD BAKING AND QUICK-BREAD MAKING TECHNIQUES AND TOOLS 53
PASTRY, CAKE, AND COOKIE TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES 75
CHOCOLATE, DÉCOR, AND CONFECTIONERY 109
Readings and Resources 158
- This is the only book on the market that covers all the tools and equipment needed for professional baking, as well as the proper techniques for handling and maintaining that equipment.
- Provides in-depth information on how to choose the best equipment for any baking job, including scaling and measuring tools, cutting tools, small appliances, bakeware, décor and confectionery tools, and much more.
- Includes chapters on organizing a station and the differences between home and professional equipment.
- Features step-by-step instructional photographs and illustrations throughout, plus insights and tips from top professional bakers and pastry chefs.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.