Special Events: Creating and Sustaining a New World for Celebration, 7th Edition
November 2013, ©2014
PART ONE Sustainable Event Leadership
CHAPTER 1: Welcome to a Changing World 3
CHAPTER 2: Models of Sustainable Event Leadership 43
PART TWO Event Orchestration
CHAPTER 3: Composing the Event Plan 77
CHAPTER 4: Human Resources and Time Management 115
CHAPTER 5: Sustainable Financial Leadership 139
PART THREE Delivering on the Promise
CHAPTER 6: Vendor Partners, Contracts, and On-Site Production 171
CHAPTER 7: Marketing and Integrated Communications Technology 217
CHAPTER 8: Risk Management: Health and Safety, Legal, and Ethical Safeguards 259
PART FOUR Traditions and Trends
CHAPTER 9: Virtual Events 295
CHAPTER 10: Career Growth and Sustainable Development 315
PART FIVE Best Practices and Real World Event Experiences
CHAPTER 11: Global, National, Regional, and Local Best Practices in Event Leadership 351
CHAPTER 12: Twenty-Five Real-World Event Management Experiences and Mini-Case Studies 365
Appendix 1 Bibliographic References 378
Appendixes 2–19 and accompanying Image Gallery are available online at www.wiley.com/college/goldblatt
- New interviews with global thought leaders in the field of planned events. Ten of these individuals have served as past president of the International Special Events Society, the industry’s largest professional body.
- Twelve new visual animations that a brief but effective overall summary of each chapter.
- New EcoLogic and TechnoLogic features to help sharpen focus on two of the fastest growing areas in the field of events management.
- New streamlined chapters to incorporate technology, environmental sustainability and safety and security throughout the entire book.
- New international, national, regional and local events best practice case studies ranging from meetings, to sports and weddings.
- Market-leading text and anchor of the Wiley Events Series provides current and future event leaders with a comprehensive guide to understanding, planning, promoting, and producing special events
- Study prep section for the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) exam
- Inspiring profiles of Event Leaders
- Real-world case studies in 21st-century event management
- Emphasizes the growing globalization of the profession, taking into account the skill set leaders need in order to deal with other cultures, societies, and business practices
- Provides information on risk management and security issues
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.