Remarkable Banquet Service
March 2014, ©2014
ABOUT THE AUTHOR xiii
CHAPTER 1. An Introduction to Banquets 2
CHAPTER 2. Planning for Banquets: The Banquet Event Order (BEO) 26
CHAPTER 3. Setting Up and Breaking Down Banquets 60
CHAPTER 4. Service Styles and Techniques for Banquet Service 80
CHAPTER 5. Service for Banquets 100
CHAPTER 6. Managing Specific Events 120
CHAPTER 7. Beverage Service for Banquets 138
CHAPTER 8. Managing Special Issues 168
- Provides readers with straightforward advice on all aspects of successful banquet services, an important market for today's professional.
- This text covers everything from food and beverage service skills, such as setting up a buffet, pouring wine, and clearing tables, to managing staff and coordinating with vendors such as florists, wedding planners, and DJs.
- Throughout, more than 100 photos and 40 illustrations illustrate key service points such as buffet set-up, proper plate handling, and synchronized service techniques, as well as guidelines for handling specific events including business luncheons, fund-raising events, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, and wine-tasting dinners.
- Strategies for planning, organizing, and executing a remarkable banquet are discussed.
- Style of service, sequence of service, and skills of service are reviewed and reinforced by an Instructor's Manual and PowerPoint Slides.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.