Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Practice Management Consult, 2nd Edition
October 2013, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Practice Management Consult, Second Edition has been extensively updated and expanded, with 55 new topics covering subjects such as online technologies, hospice care, mobile practices, compassion fatigue, practice profitability, and more. Carefully formatted using the popular Five-Minute Veterinary Consult style, the book offers fast access to authoritative information on all aspects of practice management. This Second Edition is an essential tool for running a practice, increasing revenue, and managing staff in today’s veterinary practice.
Addressing topics ranging from client communication and management to legal issues, financial management, and human resources, the book is an invaluable resource for business management advice applicable to veterinary practice. Sample forms and further resources are now available on a companion website. Veterinarians and practice managers alike will find this book a comprehensive yet user-friendly guide for success in today’s challenging business environment.
Editor-in-Chief and Consulting Editors xv
About the Companion Website xxi
Client Relationship Management 59
Financial Management 165
Cash Management 219
Human Resources 271
Marketing Management 333
Operations Management 379
Technology Management 429
Administrative Management 483
Practice Safety 537
Legal Issues 571
Planning and Decision Making 617
Facility Management, Design, and Construction 675
Lowell Ackerman, DVM, DACVD, MBA, MPA, is a board-certified veterinary specialist, an award-winning author, an international lecturer, and a renowned expert in veterinary practice management.
- Provides a current, comprehensive resource for authoritative information on all aspects of veterinary practice management, with existing information extensively updated and many topics new to this edition
- Includes 55 new topics offering information on buying a practice, social media, organizational culture, and much more
- Uses the popular Five-Minute Veterinary Consult structured format to allow quick access to information
- Offers a trusted resource for successful business management in veterinary practices
- Draws on the combined wisdom of more than 75 expert authors with specialized information on all aspects of practice management
- Includes a companion website with sample forms and further resources at http://www.wiley.com/go/ackerman/practicemanagement
Written by more than 75 experts, well structured, it provides clear and logical answers to most of the problems likely to occur in the business and usually, in around 5 minutes reading. Fast acting relief worth keeping handy on your office shelf. (Vets Today, 1 October 2013)
"As with the original (published in 2007), this 2nd edition is a very comprehensive text. Both editions provide valuable sections on establishing practice direction, marketing and leadership. Although much of the 1st edition is still highly applicable, the 2nd edition has superseded it, with many of the chapters improved and the addition of the new section on technology management...The style of the writing is concise and easy to understand. The information is well-ordered, comprehensive and current...As such, the 2nd edition of Blackwell's five-minute veterinary practice management consult is a recommended purchase for any person or stakeholder in veterinary business (staff, owners, leaders and operational managers), veterinary school and veterinary nursing institution libraries." (Australian Veterinary Journal 27/03/2017)
|Errata in text
Corrections document is attached in downloads section
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.