Medical Sciences at a Glance: Practice Workbook
February 2014, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
This easy to use workbook covers all the basic sciences in clinical context, and includes the full range of question types used in medical school. It offers comprehensive advice on how to tackle tricky examinations, how to deal with question types from SAQs to essays, and will stimulate abstract skills like critical thinking and the ability to deliver the key facts.
Ideal for the pre-clinical years and USMLE candidates, Medical Sciences at a Glance: Practice Workbook features:
• An introductory section featuring step-by-step
guidance on exam technique and papers
• Over 390 questions of varying formats - and full explanations to the answers
• A topic-based structure reflecting vital foundation concepts, including anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology
Medical Sciences at a Glance: Practice Workbook meets the needs of medical students with a spectrum of educational approaches in mind. Whatever your course type, working through this book will give you the advantage when it comes to basic science exams.
Introduction: An approach to answering questions
List of related titles
How to use your textbook
Part 1 Anatomy, histology and embryology
Chapter 1 Anatomy, histology and embryology exam 1
Chapter 2 Anatomy, histology and embryology exam 2
Part 2 Biochemistry and genetics
Chapter 3 Biochemistry and genetics exam 1
Chapter 4 Biochemistry and genetics exam 2
Part 3 Physiology
Chapter 5 Physiology exam 1
Chapter 6 Physiology exam 1
Part 4 Pharmacology
Chapter 7 Pharmacology exam 1
Chapter 8 Pharmacology exam 2
Part 5 Pathology
Chapter 9 Pathology exam 1
Chapter 10 Pathology exam 2
Part 6 Neuroscience
Chapter 11 Neuroscience exam 1
Chapter 12 Neuroscience exam 2
Faisal Rahman is an Internal Medicine Resident, Boston Medical Center
Peter H. Abrahams is an Emeritus Professor Clinical Anatomy, Warwick Medical School, Professor of Clinical Anatomy, St Georges University, Grenada W.I., National Teaching Fellow 2011, UK, Life Fellow, Girton College, Cambridge, Examiner, MRCS, Royal Colleges of Surgeons (UK), and Family Practitioner, Brent, London
? Basic science questions based on clinical vignettes, to promote clinical integration
? Presents a combination of Short Answer Questions (SAQs), Extended Matching Questions (EMQs), Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), True/False Questions and Essay Questions to match the variety and format seen by students in their exams
? Includes detailed explanations with information on wrong answers
? Higher than average difficulty level to promote critical thinking and understanding
? Division of Book into practice papers with a duration of 1-1.5h
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.