Introduction to Clinical Psychology: An Evidence-Based Approach, 2nd Edition
February 2014, ©2014
Chapter 1 Evolution of Clinical Psychology.
Chapter 2 Contemporary Clinical Psychology.
Chapter 3 Classification and Diagnosis.
Chapter 4 Research Methods in Clinical Psychology.
Chapter 5 Assessment: Overview.
Chapter 6 Assessment: Interviewing and Observation.
Chapter 7 Assessment: Intellectual and Cognitive Measures.
Chapter 8 Assessment: Self-Report and Projective Measures.
Chapter 9 Assessment: Integration and Clinical Decision-Making.
Chapter 10 Prevention.
Chapter 11 Intervention: Overview.
Chapter12 Intervention: Adults and Couples.
Chapter 13 Intervention: Children and Adolescents.
Chapter14 Intervention: Identifying Key Elements of Change.
Chapter15 Health Psychology: Clinical Neuropsychology, and Forensic Psychology.
Appendix 1 Major Journals Relevant to Clinical Psychology.
Appendix 2 Applications to Graduate School.
- Chapter 1 - New updates and estimates about the economic costs of mental disorders.
- Chapter 2 - Updated information about the professional activities and theoretical orientations of clinical psychologists, characteristics of training programs and their graduates, accreditation standards, and registration/licensure.
- Chapter 3 - Information on both DSM-5 and ICD-10 diagnostic systems, along with updated information on the epidemiology of mental disorders.
- Chapter 4 - New Viewpoint boxes addressing how research is reported by the media and the reliability of research results.
- Chapters 5 to 9 - New assessment-related information, such as the continuing growth of evidence-based assessment, the updated Wechsler scales, and updated versions of frequently used self-report measures.
- Chapter 6 - Reorganized to help readers be better prepared for learning of the challenges in assessing client across the lifespan.
- Chapters 10 to 14 - New evidence of the impact of prevention programs, information on the APA’s resolution about the effectiveness of psychotherapy, an expanded listing of evidence-based treatments, details on a range of clinical practice guidelines, and results from a task force on evidence-based psychotherapy relationships.
- Chapter 12 and 13 - Updated information on evidence-based treatments and their efficacy for clients across the lifespan.
- Chapter 15 - Expanded information on the management of chronic pain and insomnia, the use of neuropsychological assessment to evaluate capacity of older adults to live independently, and updated details on forensic risk assessment tools and challenges in their interpretation.
- An evidence-based approach throughout the text presents theories and practices while examining the extent to which they are supported by research. This reflects the new realities in clinical psychology and the ongoing commitment of psychologists to deliver services that are the best science has to offer.
- A focus on diversity and the need for sensitivity to aspects such as gender, age, or ethnicity to illustrate the importance and the challenges of professional research and practice.
- A lifespan perspective with examples using children, adolescents, adults, and older adults in order to guide the many undergraduate students taking an introductory course who have yet to decide the age of clients with which they would wish to work as clinical psychologists.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.