Rapid Infection Control Nursing
February 2014, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
The Rapids are a series of reference and revision pocket books that cover key facts in a simple and memorable way. Each book contains the common conditions that students and newly qualified nurses encounter on the wards, in the community, and on placements. Only the basic core relevant facts are provided to ensure that these books are perfect and concise rapid refreshers.
Rapid Infection Control Nursing is an essential read for all frontline nursing staff working in hospitals or community settings. Designed for quick reference, it explores the essential principles of infection control before moving on to an A-Z of the most commonly found infections. Each entry covers how the infection is spread, duration of the infectious period, key infection-control precautions, staff considerations, visitor information, and patient transfer advice.
Covering all the key topics in infection prevention and control, this concise and easy-to-read title is the perfect quick-reference book for the wards.
This title is also available as a mobile App from MedHand Mobile Libraries. Buy it now from iTunes, Google Play or the MedHand Store.
Foreword by Professor Janice Stevens CBE, MA, RGN x
1 Introduction 1
2 The Essentials 2
3 Wider Aspects 42
4 A-Z of Infections 67
5 Glossary 167
6 Useful Resources 172
7 References, Sources and Further Reading 173
¨ Pocket sized, rapid reference format
¨ Practical advice aimed specifically at frontline clinical staff
¨ Easy to locate practical information quickly
¨ Provides an A-Z compendium of over 40 common infections
“This is a well-done introduction to infection control nursing that can also serve as an excellent primer for nursing students or new ward nurses.” (Doody’s, 16 January 2015)
“Covering all the key topics in infection prevention and control, this concise and easy-to-read title is the perfect quick-reference book for the wards.” (Kingbook73's Medical Ebook and Video Collection, 20 August 2014)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.