Statistics at Square One, 11th Edition
October 2009, ©2010, BMJ Books
Revised throughout, the 11th edition features new material in the areas of
- relative risk, absolute risk and numbers needed to treat
- diagnostic tests, sensitivity, specificity, ROC curves
- free statistical software
The popular self-testing exercises at the end of every chapter are strengthened by the addition of new sections on reading and reporting statistics and formula appreciation.
Chapter 1 Data display and summary.
Chapter 2 Summary statistics for quantitative data.
Chapter 3 Summary statistics for binary data.
Chapter 4 Populations and samples.
Chapter 5 Statements of probability and confidence intervals.
Chapter 6 P-values, power, type I and type II errors.
Chapter 7 The t tests.
Chapter 8 The χ2 tests.
Chapter 9 Diagnostic tests.
Chapter 10 Rank score tests.
Chapter 11 Correlation and regression.
Chapter 12 Survival analysis.
Chapter 13 Study design and choosing a statistical test.
Chapter 14 Use of computer software.
Answers to exercises.
Glossary of statistical terms.
- One of the bestselling introductions to medical statistics of all time
- Revised throughout, especially in the areas of binary data to deal with relative risk, absolute risk and the evidence-based criteria of numbers needed to treat
- Each chapter now has a section on reading and reporting statistics, and self testing at the end of each section makes this an ideal learning tool
"The utility of such a book to clinicians and practicing biostatisticians cannot be overemphasized.... Unique in terms of its simplicity of presentation.... A great reference book for use by clinicians, medical practitioners, and practicing biostatisticians. Highly recommended to beginners in biostatistics." (Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, Summer 2009)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.