Mathematical Modeling in the Social and Life Sciences
May 2014, ©2014
Chapter 01 Mathematical Models
Chapter 02 Stable and Unstable Arms Races
Chapter 03 Ecological Models: Single Species
Chapter 04 Ecological Models: Interacting Species
Chapter 05 Tumor Growth Models
Chapter 06 Social Choice and Voting Procedures
Chapter 07 Foundations of Measurement Theory
Chapter 08 Introduction to Utility Theory
Chapter 09 Equilibrium in an exchange economy
Chapter 10 Elementary Probability
Chapter 11 Markov Processes
Chapter 12 Two Models of Cultural Stability
Chapter 13 Paired-Associate Learning
Chapter 14 Epidemics
Chapter 15 Roulette Wheels and Hospital Beds: A Computer Simulation of Operating and Recovery Room Usage
Chapter 16 Game Theory
Chapter 17 Recidivism in the Criminal Justice System
Chapter 18 Evolutionary Game Theory
Chapter 19 Agent Based Simulation
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.