ABC of Dermatology, 6th Edition
June 2014, ©2014, BMJ Books
With over 450 full colour images, ABC of Dermatology is a practical guide to identification, recognition, treatment and management of common dermatological conditions encountered within primary care, walk-in centres, and the emergency room and within patients admitted to hospital with medical/surgical conditions.
Fully updated with new developments and treatments, this sixth edition provides expanded coverage of psoriasis, eczema, inflammatory dermatoses and drug photosensitivity. It also includes improved coverage of the management of onychomycosis, scabies and lice, and hair and scalp, and new content on biological treatments, lymphoedema, community acquired MRSA, pityriasis rosea, immune reconstitution syndrome and antifungal drugs.
ABC of Dermatology is the ideal learning partner and resource for GPs, family physicians, junior doctors, medical students and primary care health professionals.
List of Contributors vii
1 Introduction 1
2 Psoriasis 11
3 Management of Psoriasis 18
4 Eczema (Dermatitis) 26
5 Urticaria and Angio-oedema 38
6 Skin and Photosensitivity 42
7 Drug Rashes 48
8 Immunobullous and Other Blistering Disorders 55
9 Connective Tissue Disease Vasculitis and Related Disorders 62
10 The Skin and Systemic Disease 70
11 Leg Ulcers 82
12 Acne and Rosacea 89
13 Bacterial Infections 97
14 Viral Infections 105
15 HIV and the Skin 114
16 Fungal Infections 121
17 Insect Bites and Infestations 128
18 Tropical Dermatology 135
19 Hair and Scalp 144
Kapil Bhargava and David Fenton
20 Diseases of the Nails 151
David de Berker
21 Benign Skin Tumours 161
22 Premalignant and Malignant 172
23 Practical Procedures and Skin Surgery 183
24 Lasers Intense Pulsed Light and PhotodynamicTherapy 191
Alun V. Evans
25 Wound Management and Bandaging 197
26 Formulary 212
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.