Large Animal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians
June 2014, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
Presented in full-color, Large Animal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians provides species-specific coverage with a wealth of images, as well as clinical applications. Coverage includes AVMA-required topics such as hospital biosecurity, restraint, physical examinations, nutrition, clinical and diagnostic procedures, reproduction, neonatology, and disease.
To reinforce the text, an accompanying website offers review questions and answers, case studies, and an image bank with additional photographs to aid in breed identification.
Veterinary technician students, veterinary technician educators, and veterinary technicians in practice who wish to foster and expand their knowledge of large animal medicine will find Large Animal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians an invaluable resource.
About the Companion Website
Chapter 1 Hospital Biosecurity
Chapter 2 Restraint
Ann Elizabeth Goplen, Sergio Gonzales, Sheryl Ferguson, Darcy DeCrescenza, and Laura Lien
Chapter 3 History
Stacie K. Seymour
Chapter 4 Physical Exam
Scott R. R. Haskell, Bonnie L. Loghry, Carrie J. Finno, Kristen Wegner, Jamie DeFazio, William Gilsenan, and Amy L. Johnson
Chapter 5 Nutrition
Kara M. Burns
Chapter 6 Clinical Procedures
Annette M. McCoy, Erica McKenzie, and Sue Loly
Chapter 7 Diagnostic Procedures
Sue Loly, Joann Slack, Laura Lien, Rolf B. Modesto, and Sheryl Ferguson
Chapter 8 Medical Imaging
Myra F. Barrett, Kurt Selberg, Sheryl Ferguson, Joann Slack, and Susan Steward
Chapter 9 Reproduction
Harry Momont and Celina M. Checura
Chapter 10 Neonatology
Chapter 11 Diseases
Fernando J. Marqués, William Gilsenan, Amy L. Johnson, Shirley Sandoval, Sian Durward-Akhurst, Stephanie Rutten-Ramos, Sue Loly, and Heather Hopkinson
Multiple Choice Questions Answer Bank
“Test Your Learning” Answer Bank
Glossary of Terms
Susan Loly, LVT, VTS (EVN)is Large Animal Hospital Technical Supervisor at the University of Minnesota Equine Clinical Services Center. She holds a Veterinary Technician Specialty in Equine Veterinary Nursing and was voted AAEVT Member of the Year in 2012.
Sheryl Ferguson, CVT, VTS (LAIM)is Large Animal Hospital Manager at the University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center. She is a member of the Large Animal Internal Medicine Academy for Veterinary Technicians and has plays active member of the AIMVT credentialing committee.
- Presented in full-color with a wealth of images
- Covers horses, cattle, camelids, small ruminants, and pigs
- Offers clinical applications throughout the text
- Scope includes hospital biosecurity, restraint, physical examinations, nutrition, clinical and diagnostic procedures, reproduction, neonatology, and disease
- Companion website includes review questions and answers, case studies, and an image bank with additional photographs to aid in breed identification
“The result is a fine student text that is especially recommended for any veterinary technician studying large animal care.” (Midwest Book Review, 1 December 2014)
“Overall, I like this book and plan on using it in our veterinary technician program.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 September 2014)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.