American Regional Cuisine, 3rd Edition
March 2015, ©2016
American Regional Cuisine, Third Edition combines history, anthropology, and cuisine into a clear and comprehensive resource for the American Regional course. Its menu-driven approach makes this book unique in the marketplace, providing unparalleled value to culinary-arts students.
The Cuisine of New England 2
The Cuisine of the Mid-Atlantic 44
The Cuisine of the South 86
Floribbean Cuisine 132
Louisiana’s Cajun and Creole Cuisines 172
The Cuisine of the Central Plains 214
Texas and Tex-Mex Cuisine 252
The Cuisine of the Southwest and the Rocky Mountain Region 304
The Cuisine of California 348
The Cuisine of the Pacific Northwest 386
The Cuisine of Hawaii 430
Basic Culinary Vocabulary 469
Sustainability Key Terms 474
- Adopts a new focus on sustainability as it relates to the culinary industry.
- Each traditional regional chapter will now be complemented with one new contemporary menu and accompanying recipes for added diversityfor a total of three complete menus.
- Menu coverage includes new information on how the menus were developed and why any special ingredients were used in their development
- Upgraded to a 4-color text with 125 new full color plated dish photographsthis is in response to AI request and reviewer recommendations to depict regional dishes in a more visually appealing and contemporary style.
- Discusses the history, culture, and evolution of the different cuisines in each region of America
- Only book that is organized by region of the U.S.
- 250 total recipes from eleven regional culinary traditions
- One of the few books in this topic area that is appropriate for the culinary student
- Well-known chefs and restaurateurs introduce the cuisine of each region
- Establishes a cultural and historical context and describes the indigenous ingredients, unusual techniques, and special touches that give each style of cooking its unique signature
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.