Management, 13th Edition
May 2016, ©2015
We've got you covered for your Principles of Management course with Schermerhorn/Bachrach, Management 13th Edition Binder Ready Version. With new cases, more opportunities for self-assessment and the Management Weekly Updates news blog, the text and its comprehensive suite of resources promote critical thinking and active learning. Thoroughly updated while maintaining its trusted balance of concepts and applications, Management 13th Edition Binder Ready Version presents the most current material to apply theory and show relevance of management concepts in the real world–for students to succeed in your management course and beyond. This text is an unbound, binder-ready version.
Part One: Management
- Introducing Management
- Management Learning Past to Present
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
Part Two: Environment
- Environment, Innovation, and Sustainability
- Global Management and Cultural Diversity
- Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
Part Three: Planning and Controlling
- Information and Decision Making
- Planning Processes and Techniques
- Control Processes and Systems
- Strategy and Strategic Management
Part Four: Organizing
- Organization Structures and Design
- Organization Culture and Change
- Human Resource Management
Part Five: Leading
- Leading and Leadership Development
- Individual Behavior
- Motivation Theory and Practice
- Teams and Teamwork
- Communication and Collaboration
- New Co-author: Joining the 13th Edition,
Dr. Daniel G. Bachrach, Associate Professor of Management at
the University of Alabama contributed his research and teaching
expertise to several chapters in Part 5: Leading, as well as
numerous other features throughout the text.
- Timely content – All chapters have been updated,
with new examples and expanded coverage of topics like social
responsibility, sustainability, ethics in global management, new
venture funding, data mining and analytics, downsides of goals,
employment issues and controversies, followership and leadership,
emotion and mood contagion, and team virtuousness.
- Student Engagement – Each feature is designed to attract student attention and engage them in reflection and critical thinking. These include Analysis – Make Data your Friend, Ethics – Know Right from Wrong, Insight – Learn About Yourself, and Wisdom – Learn from Role Models.
- Critical Thinking and Active Learning: Features
throughout each chapter, like Ethics on the Line, Facts for
Analysis, and Management Cases for Critical Thinking engage
students in timely examples, and applications of chapter
- Integrated Learning Model: With frequent summaries and
check-in points, the Integrated Learning Model helps students stay
on track, review material and prepare for tests and quizzes.
- Self-Reflection: A variety of opportunities for
self-reflection exist in the text, especially with Learning About
Yourself, the Management Skills and Competencies, Further
Reflection Questions, Self-Assessments, Team Exercises and Career
- Career Situations: These mini-cases encourage students to apply chapter content to common early-career scenarios.
WileyPLUS Learning Space: WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other.
Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to act on what’s most important.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.