Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics, 8th Edition
June 2015, ©2016
Known for its accuracy, clarity, and dependability, Meriam, Kraige, and Bolton’s Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics 8th Edition has provided a solid foundation of mechanics principles for more than 60 years. Now in its eighth edition, the text continues to help students develop their problem-solving skills with an extensive variety of engaging problems related to engineering design. In addition to new homework problems, the text includes a number of helpful sample problems. To help students build necessary visualization and problem-solving skills, the text strongly emphasizes drawing free-body diagrams- one of the most important skills needed to solve mechanics problems.
Part 1 Dynamics of Particles
Chapter 1 Introduction to Dynamics
Chapter 2 Kinematics of Particles
Chapter 3 Kinetics of Particles
Chapter 4 Kinetics of Systems and Particles
Part 2 Dynamics of Rigid Bodies
Chapter 5 Plane Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
Chapter 6 Plane Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
Chapter 7 Introduction to Three-Dimensional Dynamics of Rigid Bodies
Chapter 8 Vibration and Time Response
- Text has been thoroughly revised to maximize rigor, clarity, readability and approachability
- Key Concepts throughout the book are especially marked and highlighted
- Chapter Reviews at the end of each chapter are highlighted and provide itemized summaries of all key material
- Approximately 50 percent of the homework problems are new to this eighth edition. All new problems have been independently solved in order to ensure a high degree of accuracy.
- Sample Problems have been integrated throughout, including problems with computer-oriented solutions.
- Answers to all problems listed in a special section at the very end of the book.
- New photographs reinforce students understanding of how the concepts relate to the real world
The features listed below have demonstrated their appeal and benefit to students over the past six decades:
- Provides a wide variety of high quality problems that are known for their accuracy, realism, applications, and variety. Students benefit from realistic applications that motivate their desire to learn and develop their problem solving skills:
- Sample Problems with worked solutions appear throughout, providing examples and reinforcing important concepts and idea in engineering mechanics. Sample problems are isolated on specifically colored pages for quick identification
- Introductory Problems are simple problems designed to help students gain confidence with a new topic. These appear in the problem sets following the Sample Problems.
- Representative Problems are more challenging than Introductory Problems but are of average difficulty and length. These appear in the problem sets following the Sample Problems.
- Computer-Oriented Problems are marked with an icon and appear in the end-of-chapter Review Problems.
- Review Problems appear at the end of chapter.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of how to draw free body diagrams. Through text discussion and assignable homework problems, students will learn that drawing free body diagrams is one of the most important skills needed to learn how to solve mechanics problems. Statics teaches students the appropriate techniques and then applies them consistently in solutions of mechanics problems.
- Rich pedagogical features support ease of use. Key Concepts are highlighted within the theory presentations and chapter reviews offer itemized summaries of the material covered.
- A tradition of excellence. Since 1952, this text has been a primary source for accuracy, rigor, clarity and a high standard of illustration in the coverage of mechanics
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.