Microeconomics: Theory and Applications, 12th Edition
September 2014, ©2015
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Microeconomics
Chapter 2 Supply and Demand
Chapter 3 The Theory of Consumer Choice
Chapter 4 Individual and Market Demand
Chapter 5 Using Consumer Choice Theory
Chapter 6 Exchange, Efficiency, and Prices
Chapter 7 Production
Chapter 8 The Cost of Production
Chapter 9 Profit Maximization in Perfectly Competitive Markets
Chapter 10 Using the Competitive Model
Chapter 11 Monopoly
Chapter 12 Product Pricing with Monopoly Power
Chapter 13 Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
Chapter 14 Game Theory and the Economics of Information
Chapter 15 Using Noncompetitive Market Models
Chapter 16 Employment and Pricing of Inputs
Chapter 17 Wages, Rent, Interest, and Profit
Chapter 18 Using Input Market Analysis
Chapter 19 General Equilibrium Analysis and Economic Efficiency
Chapter 20 Public Goods and Externalities
- The Wiley E-Text is available for this text. It gives students anytime, anywhere access to course content and takes learning from traditional to cutting edge by integrating inline interactive multimedia with market-leading content. The Wiley E-Text brings textbook pages to life with dynamic content such as clickable images, interactive tables and graphs, audio-enhanced graphics, embedded practice quizzes and more.
- Additional Applications – As many as 20 new, detailed applications have been added to this edition – applications tie into current trends and topics in the business world.
- Applications Address New Topical Issues including the growth of premium fast food options such as Chipotle, the differing fortunes of college athletes and coaches, why holiday home prices are soaring in Switzerland, and monopolistic competition in the refractive eye surgery marketplace.
- Greater Emphasis on Mathematics - Optional mathematical sections have now been integrated into chapter content for a greater emphasis.
- Provides students with current real-world applications that relate complicated economics concepts to their everyday life.
- Devotes four chapters exclusively to presenting longer applications of microeconomic theory at work. There are an additional 100 shorter applications through the other chapters
- Focuses on input market analysis
- Clarity of exposition and focus on the essentials while delivering thoroughness in the coverage of key topics
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.