Managerial Economics, 8th Edition
November 2014, ©2015
Samuelson & Marks’ Managerial Economics, 8th Edition provides a detailed introduction to managerial economics for undergraduates, MBAs, and executives. This text illustrates the central decision problems managers face and provide the economic analysis they need to guide these decisions.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Economic Decision Making
Section I: Decisions within Firms
Chapter 2 Optimal Decisions Using Marginal Analysis
Chapter 3 Demand Analysis and Optimal Pricing
Chapter 4 Estimating and Forecasting Demand
Chapter 5 Production
Chapter 6 Cost Analysis
Section II: Competing within Markets
Chapter 7 Perfect Competition
Chapter 8 Monopoly
Chapter 9 Oligopoly
Chapter 10 Game Theory and Competitive Strategy
Chapter 11 Regulation, Public Goods, and Benefit-Cost Analysis
Section III: Decision-Making Applications
Chapter 12 Decision Making under Uncertainty
Chapter 13 The Value of Information
Chapter 14 Asymmetric Information and Organizational Design
Chapter 15 Bargaining and Negotiation
Chapter 16 Linear Programming
Chapter 17 Auctions and Competitive Bidding (available online)
- The Wiley E-Text is available for this text. It gives students anytime, anywhere access to course content and takes learning from traditional to cutting edge by integrating inline interactive multimedia with market-leading content. The Wiley E-Text brings textbook pages to life with dynamic content such as clickable images, interactive tables and graphs, audio-enhanced graphics, embedded practice quizzes and more.
- Timely Updates to Applications such as analyzing the pricing of Amazon’s Kindle and using regression analysis to estimate box office revenues for film releases.
- Expansion of Business Behavior provides an assessment (based on cutting edge research findings) of real-world decision-making behavior, noting the most common pitfalls to avoid.
- More Focused Content to draw student attention on the most important economic and decision-making principles.
- Decision making is woven throughout every chapter in this book. Each chapter begins with a description of a real managerial problem that challenges the reader to ponder possible choices and is concluded by revisiting and analyzing the decision in light of the concepts introduced in the chapter.
- Decision making under uncertainty is a prominent theme in the text. Chapters apply the techniques of decision making under risk and uncertainty to topics that are on the cutting edge of managerial economics such as organization design and negation.
- Focus on Game Theory (Chapter 10). Game-theoretic principles are essential to understanding strategic behavior.
- The text uses only the most basic techniques of differential calculus. It takes a quantitative approach to managerial decision making without drowning students in mathematics.
- Diverse End-of-Chapter Spreadsheet Problems offer a powerful way of portraying economic decisions and finding optimal solutions.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.