Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 3rd Edition
May 2017, ©2015
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 3rd Edition by Robert Parrino, David Kidwell, and Thomas Bates develops the fundamental concepts underlying corporate finance in an intuitive manner while maintaining a strong emphasis on developing computational skills. The authors believe that students who understand the intuition underlying the basic concepts of finance are better able to develop the critical judgments necessary to apply financial tools in real decision-making situations. The Third Edition offers a level of rigor that is appropriate for both business and finance majors and presents the content in a manner that all students find accessible and engaging.
1. The Financial Manager and the Firm
PART 2 FOUNDATIONS
2. The Financial System and the Level of Interest Rates
3. Financial Statements, Cash Flows, and Taxes
4. Analyzing Financial Statements
PART 3 VALUATION OF FUTURE CASH FLOWS AND RISK
5. The Time Value of Money
6. Discounted Cash Flows and Valuation
7. Risk and Return
8. Bond Valuation and the Structure of Interest Rates
9. Stock Valuation
PART 4 CAPITAL BUDGETING DECISIONS
10. The Fundamentals of Capital Budgeting
11. Cash Flows and Capital Budgeting
12. Evaluating Project Economics and Capital Rationing
13. The Cost of Capital
PART 5 WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & FINANCING DECISIONS
14. Working Capital Management
15. How Firms Raise Capital
16. Capital Structure Policy
17. Dividends, Stock Repurchases, and Payout Policy
PART 6 BUSINESS FORMATION, VALUATION, AND FINANCIAL PLANNING
18. Business Formation, Growth, and Valuation
19. Financial Planning and Forecasting
PART 7 OPTIONS IN CORPORATE FINANCE AND INTERNATIONAL DECISIONS
20. Options and Corporate Finance
21. International Financial Management
- ORION: Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.
- An Intuitive Approach: Finance concepts are explained in an intuitive context to help students develop a richer understanding of those concepts and gain better insights into how finance problems can be approached.
- Analysis and Problem Solving: In addition to the many numerical examples that are solved in the text of each chapter, this book has almost 1,200 end-of-chapter homework and review problems that have been written with Bloom’s Taxonomy in mind.
- Decision Making: In the end, we want to prepare students to make sound financial decisions. To help students develop these skills, we illustrate throughout the texthow the results from financial analyses are used in decision making.
- An Intuitive Approach: Explaining finance concepts in an intuitive context helps students develop a richer understanding of those concepts and gain better insights into how finance problems can be approached. Building Intuition boxes provide a statement of an important finance concept along with an intuitive example or explanation to help the student “get” the concept.
- Learning by Doing applications contain quantitative problems with step-by-step solutions to help students better understand how to apply their intuition and analytical skills to solve problems.
- Decision-Making Examples emphasize the decision-making process along with computation and provide students at all levels with experience in financial decision-making.
- Adaptive Learning: WileyPLUS is equipped with an adaptive learning module called ORION. It provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively.
- Finance Weekly Updates: www.wileyfinanceupdates.com. Every week brings you the latest news relevant to your Finance course. Password only available to current users.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.