e Heart of Health Care, 3rd Edition
December 2008, ©2007
Completely revised and updated, this Third Edition presents an expanded theory of ethics section, and includes comprehensive and contemporary examples and case studies. Newly covered are introductions to rights in health care ethics, the ethics of care, intuitionism, privacy, euthanasia, suicide and consent, and an extensive FAQ section is added.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
Introduction to the Second Edition.
Chapter One: Growing Pains.
Chapter Two: Ethics is the Key.
Chapter Three: Problems of Practice.
Chapter Four: The Search for Morality.
Chapter Five: Persons and Potentials.
Chapter Six: Theories of Ethics.
Chapter Seven: Obstacles to Clear Moral Reasoning.
Chapter Eight: The Rings of Uncertainty.
Chapter Nine: The Background to the Ethical Grid.
Chapter Ten: The Use of the Ethical Grid.
Chapter Eleven: The Values Exchange.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.