Sexual and Reproductive Health at a Glance
September 2015, ©2015, Wiley-Blackwell
Sexual and Reproductive Health at a Glance provides a
highly-illustrated, visual introduction to all aspects of sexual
and reproductive health, from basic clinical examination skills to
the management of acute Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and
Covering topics which are often difficult to access as an undergraduate or junior doctor, Sexual and Reproductive Health at a Glance focuses on the fundamental principles in delivering effective contraception and sexual health care. It features high-yield information on the essential clinical topics covered in the Community Sexual and Reproductive Health (CSRH) curriculum.
Presented in the familiar, easy-to-use, at a Glance format, Sexual and Reproductive Health at a Glance:
• Provides a quick revision of basic anatomy,
physiology and clinical skills
• Offers balanced coverage of both male and female GU pathology, STIs and contraception
• Includes material on practical gynaecological procedures performed in the out-patient setting
• Presents a holistic approach to issues dealt with in this specialty
• Takes a global perspective by addressing SRH issues in different cultures and resource-limited settings
• Includes a companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/sexualhealth featuring a selection of case scenarios and interactive flashcards for self-test
This brand new title will provide an invaluable resource for medical and healthcare students, junior doctors, SRH trainees and busy clinicians working in other specialties.
How to use your textbook xi
About the companion website xii
1 Sexual and reproductive health fundamentals 2
Part 1 Principles of sexual and reproductive health 1
Part 2 Contraception 11
Part 3 Sexual health 43
2 Combined hormonal contraception 12
3 Progestogen-only contraceptives 16
4 Intrauterine contraception 22
5 Barrier methods 26
6 Fertility awareness methods 28
7 Emergency contraception 30
8 Male and female sterilization 32
9 Contraception for specific groups of individuals 36
10 Chlamydia trachomatis 44
11 Gonorrhoea and non-gonococcal urethritis 46
12 Vaginal discharge 50
13 Bacterial vaginosis 52
14 Vulvovaginal candidiasis 54
15 Trichomonas vaginalis 56
16 Syphilis 58
17 Genital herpes 64
18 Genital ulcers: tropical infections 68
19 Epididymo-orchitis and sexually-acquired reactive arthritis 72
20 Molluscum contagiosum and normal genital lumps 74
21 Anogenital warts and human papilloma virus infection 76
22 Genital infestations 80
23 Anogenital dermatoses 82
24 Viral hepatitis A, B and C 84
25 HIV 86
26 Sexual assault 90
Part 4 Reproductive health 93
27 Abortion 94
28 Abnormal uterine bleeding 100
29 Menstrual problems 102
30 Gynaecological problems in SRH 104
31 Pelvic inflammatory disease 106
32 Menopause 108
33 Sexual problems 110
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.