Lecture Notes: Respiratory Medicine, 9th Edition
June 2015, ©2014, Wiley-Blackwell
Key features of this new, full-colour edition include:
• Updated and expanded material on chest X-rays and radiology
• Self-assessment exercises for each chapter
• A range of clinical images and scans showing the key features of each disease
• Fully supported by a companion website at www.lecturenoteseries.com/respiratory featuring figures, key points, web links, and interactive self-assessment questions
Ideal for learning the basics of the respiratory system, starting a placement, or as a quick-reference revision guide, Respiratory Medicine Lecture Notes is an invaluable resource for medical students, respiratory nurses and junior doctors.
About the Companion Website xi
Part 1 Structure and function 1
1 Anatomy and physiology of the lungs 3
Part 2 History taking examination and investigations 17
2 History taking and examination 19
3 Pulmonary function tests 32
4 Radiology of the chest 48
Part 3 Respiratory diseases 59
5 Upper respiratory tract infections and influenza 61
6 Pneumonia 69
7 Tuberculosis 86
8 Bronchiectasis and lung abscess 97
9 Cystic fibrosis 107
10 Asthma 120
11 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 139
12 Carcinoma of the lung 156
13 Interstitial lung disease 170
14 Occupational lung disease 182
15 Pulmonary vascular disease 194
16 Pneumothorax and pleural effusion 206
17 Acute respiratory distress syndrome 219
18 Ventilatory failure and sleep-related breathing disorders 226
19 Lung transplantation 235
Graham P. Burns is Consultant Physician, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Newcastle University
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.