March 2015, ©2016
Street Foods is the first definitive book to explore the medley of global cuisines, cultures, and cooking techniques that are propelling the demand for “world casual” flavors from diners in every foodservice segment. This guide teaches professional chefs and culinary students how to capitalize on the ingredients, flavors, cooking techniques, and service of cherished portable foods from around the world. This is one of the only comprehensive texts available that offers a new look at food served out of trucks, booths, or mobile vending stations and aims to re-codify established classics. Street Foods explores a medley of global cuisines, cultures, and cooking techniques, combining the history of quintessential local street foods from around the world with recipes for these transportable treats. Recipes provide inspiration through the wonderful world of casual street food dining.
Features tantalizing photos by Francesco Tonelli.
About the Author xiv
CHAPTER 1 What Is Street Food? 2
CHAPTER 2 Meat and Poultry 38
CHAPTER 3 Fish and Seafood 98
CHAPTER 4 Vegetables 126
CHAPTER 5 Grains, Legumes, Noodles, and Bread 150
CHAPTER 6 Sweets and Beverages 188
- Contains recipes that are organized by ingredient category such as Meat and Poultry or Vegetables. Each of the recipe chapters contain additional text about techniques that are used and ingredient-specific information for creating street food dishes.
- Street Food will include recipes for on-the-go items, all divided into categories including bowl foods, foods on a stick, finger foods, stuffed foods, sandwiches, and more.
- Each food category includes a discussion of the fundamental cooking techniques for each and how they can be adapted for an environment where street food is being prepared.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.