The World Today: Concepts and Regions in Geography, 7th Edition
May 2016, ©2016
The World Today, Binder Ready Version, 7th Edition is the number one bestselling brief World Regional Geography textbook. The seventh edition continues to bring readers geographic perspectives on a fast-changing world through the regional view. Restructured chapters provide a macro review of important physical, cultural, and political characteristics, drawing upon up-to-date significant world events and crises. The cartographically superior maps have been updated for the seventh edition to offer an accurate and vast picture of the world--multi-layer, interactive, GIA maps have been added to WileyPLUS Learning Space. To complement the extensive map program, the majority of the photos have been taken by our authors during their field research, allowing the student to experience an authentic geographical viewpoint of our world.
Introduction World Regional Geography: A Global Perspective
- The North American Realm
- The Middle American Realm
- The South American Realm
- The European Realm
- The Russia/Central Asia Realm
- The North African/Southwest Asian Realm
- The Subsaharan African Realm
- The South Asian Realm
- The East Asian Realm
- The Southeast Asian Realm
- The Austral Realm
- Pacific Realm and Polar Futures
Now Featuring WileyPLUS Learning Space (WPLS) with Orion! WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other. This collaborative learning environment provides immediate insight into strengths and problem areas through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports so that both you and your students can act on what’s most important.
WileyPLUS Learning Space also includes ORION–integrated, adaptive practice that helps students build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively.
- GIA Activities: Found in WPLS, these new Geographic Information Analysis maps and activities allow students to immediately apply the regional context they have learned and provide the opportunity for new concepts and ideas to take shape interactively, rather than simply memorizing the information. Helps students to recognize that geography is something that you “do” rather than a large encyclopedia of knowledge. They are specifically designed to heighten geographical knowledge, increase spatial awareness and engage students with interactive, GIS-based, spatial analyses.
- Map Analysis feature in each chapter, actively drawing students “into” the map through open-ended questions, challenging them to use and develop their critical thinking skills in map interpretation.
- Three highly qualified and exceptional new contributors bring youth, gender perspective, and technology expertise to the text. Michael Shin, from UCLA, is a specialist in GIS and all aspects of geography technology, and authored the new interactive GIA activities for each chapter. Richard Grant, an Africanist from the University of Miami, has shared his expertise contributing to the Africa chapter with a wealth of fieldwork and experience in the region. You-Tien Hsing, Pamela P. Fong and Family Distinguished Chair in Chinese Studies at UC Berkeley, has contributed to the East Asia regional chapter.
- Restructured Chapters: Replacing the a/b structure of the prior editions, the new edition includes more concise and streamlined coverage of each region within one chapter. Also, the Regional chapters now begin with North America.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.