Bio-Principles, First Edition
October 2014, ©2015
Bio-Principles is a teaching and learning solution that offers quality content in a dynamic and engaging format, all in one place and at an affordable price.
Bio-Principles pairs Biology content with Wiley's revolutionary teaching and learning tool: WileyPLUS Learning Space. WileyPLUS Learning Space contains your course content organized within an online learning community. Students have the opportunity to engage with key content, their instructor and their classmates. It invites students to ask questions, share insights, and personalize study materials - so they can invest in their own unique learning experience.
Bio-Principles combines adaptive self-study activities with an interactive and collaborative new e-text that establishes a personalized learning path for each student. Individual progress feedback drives students to study and practice more effectively and to achieve mastery of the content and a deep conceptual understanding. In addition, a unique suite of customizable and collaboration features offers students a personal study journal of course notes and activities, and encourages peer-to-peer discussions surrounding the content.
Bio-Principles also provides a unique and personalized teaching experience for instructors, allowing them to easily customize and add their own material and engage students with pedagogies shown to enhance learning and retention. A sophisticated set of reporting and analytic tools provide greater insight into course activity and student progress.
- The Study of Life
- The Chemical Foundation of Life
- Biological Macromolecules
- Cell Structure
- Structure and Function of Plasma Membranes
- Cellular Respiration
- Cell Communication
- Cell Reproduction
- Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction
- Mendel's Experiments and Heredity
- Modern Understandings of Inheritance
- DNA Structure and Function
- Genes and Proteins
- Gene Expression
- Biotechnology and Genomics
- Evolution and the Origin of Species
- The Evolution of Populations
- Phylogenies and the History of Life
- Prokaryotes: Bacteria and Archaea
- Seedless Plants
- Seed Plants
- Introduction to Animal Diversity
- Plant Form and Physiology
- Soil and Plant Nutrition
- Plant Reproduction
- The Animal Body: Basic Form and Function
- Animal Nutrition and the Digestive System
- The Nervous System
- Sensory Systems and Movement
- The Endocrine System
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Respiratory System
- The Circulatory System
- Osmotic Regulation and Excretion
- The Immune System
- Animal Reproduction and Development
- Ecology and the Biosphere
- Population and Community Ecology
- Conservation Biology and Biodiversity
WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other.
Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to act on what’s most important.
WileyPLUS Learning Space combines ORION adaptive practice and assessment activities with dynamic content as well as a suite of customization and collaboration tools.
•Assets (narrative content, media and resources) are mapped to key learning concepts in an integrative and customizable manner.
•Contains a number of assets for instructors including activities and resources designed to enhance critical thinking and facilitate a focused assessment.
•ORION Adaptive Practice modules establish and reinforce a personal learning path by providing individual feedback, driving students to engage with interactive contentleading them to study more effectively and understand more deeply.
•ORION Adaptive Practice Section – Contained in every chapter, these ORION adaptive practice modules contain a large number of questions than spans Bloom’s Taxonomy. Students will be presented with questions that ask them to evaluate, analyze and synthesize concepts beyond just the first two levels of Bloom’s.
•Multiple resources for faculty to help facilitate a flipped classroom such as group-learn and in-class activities.
•A great value to students with access to a powerful learning system at a considerable savings over current traditional course options.
•Customization. Instructors can easily customize and add their own material, author & modify questions, assign reading and practice activities, and invite course discussions according to their own course design.
Powerful analytics through a set of reporting and diagnostic tools help to gauge individual student progress
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.