Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Makers, 6th Edition
December 2015, ©2016
This text is an unbound, three hole punched version. Access to WileyPLUS sold separately.
Starting with the big picture of financial statements first, Paul Kimmel shows students why financial accounting is important to their everyday lives, business majors, and future careers. Kimmel, Accounting is designed for a two-semester financial and managerial accounting sequence that dedicates equal time financial and managerial accounting topics and teaches the accounting cycle from a corporate perspective.
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- A Further Look at Financial Statements
- The Accounting Information System
- Accrual Accounting Concepts
- Merchandising Operations and the Multiple-Step Income Statement
- Reporting and Analyzing Inventory
- Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash
- Reporting and Analyzing Receivables
- Reporting and Analyzing Long-Lived Assets
- Reporting and Analyzing Liabilities
- Reporting and Analyzing Stockholders’ Equity
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Financial Analysis: The Big Picture
- Managerial Accounting
- Job Order Costing
- Process Costing
- Activity-Based Costing
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis: Additional Issues
- Incremental Analysis
- Budgetary Planning
- Budgetary Control and Responsibility Accounting
- Standard Costs and Balanced Scorecard
- Planning for Capital Investments
Accounting Cycle Connections: Thoroughly revised accounting cycle chapters and topics, now help students make connections between the different steps of the accounting cycle, and provide additional opportunities for both more granular and comprehensive accounting cycle practice.
Practice Made Simple: New algorithmic brief exercises, DO Its, exercises, and problems available outside of instructor assignments provide opportunities for no-stakes practice and show answers and solutions as students check their work.
Organized Learning: A new and streamlined learning design of both WileyPLUS and the text helps students find relevant videos, reading content, and resources based associated learning objectives, so they can make the best use of time outside of class.
Solution Walkthrough Videos: Author Paul Kimmel walks students step-by-step through solutions to homework problems. Based on problems that are “similar to” (but not the same as) the problems students will find in their homework assignments
New Mobile Interactive Tutorials: Assign new interactive tutorials as pre-lecture or lecture-replacement assignments, and make sure students come to class prepared. Mobile friendly and available on any screen size, students can learn and review on the go.
Easy Assessment: New algorithmic multiple-choice test bank questions make student assessment simple to create and schedule. All questions are tagged with to Blooms Taxonomy, AACSB, AICPA, and IMA standards, and allow instructors and departments to quickly demonstrate outcomes, analyze student performance data, and make immediate improvements.
Develop Excel Skills: Assignable Excel Function Simulations give students hands on practice with relevant Excel Functions, while teaching videos teach students the basic steps. This is a perfect pre-req to more complex Excel based problems and projects.
WileyPLUS with ORION addresses the challenges of student readiness and retention, and helps instructors and students improve learning outcomes, by integrating course content with learning tools, assessment, and practice activities on one adaptive platform.
Based on cognitive science, ORION provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can identify what they know and don’t know early, build their proficiency on topics, use their study time most effectively. WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.