The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, 9th, Student Edition
May 2015, ©2015, Wiley-Blackwell
The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures has been the number one choice for nurses since it first published, over 30 years ago. One of the world's most popular books on clinical skills and procedures, it provides detailed procedure guidelines based on the latest research findings and expert clinical advice, enabling nurses and students to deliver clinically effective patient-focused care.
The ninth edition of this essential, definitive guide, written especially for pre-registration nursing students, now includes a range of new learning features throughout each chapter that have been designed to support student nurses to support learning in clinical practice. Providing essential information on over 200 procedures, this manual contains all the skills and changes in practice that reflect modern acute nursing care.
Foreword to the ninth edition xv
List of contributors xix
List of abbreviations xxiii
Quick reference to the procedure guidelines xxvii
How to use your manual xxix
About the companion website xxxii
Part One Managing the patient journey
Assessment and discharge 9
Infection prevention and control 37
Part Two Supporting the patient with human functioning
Moving and positioning 201
Nutrition, fluid balance and blood transfusion 247
Patient comfort and end-of-life care 305
Respiratory care 377
Part Three Supporting the patient through the diagnostic process
Interpreting diagnostic tests 435
Part Four Supporting the patient through treatment
Medicines management 575
Perioperative care 675
Wound management 745
Appendix: The Code 781
|5||152||Errata in text
Corrections are posted in Download section
- Interactive multiple choice questions
- 'Drag and drop' sequencing exercises
- References from the book
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.