ABC of Sexual Health, 3rd Edition
June 2015, ©2014, BMJ Books
Fully revised and expanded to cover a range of new content and topics including psychological, urological, gynaecological, endocrinological and psychiatric aspects of sexual health, the effects of medication, sexual dysfunction, sexual orientation, gender identity, paraphilias, forensic sexology, dermatoses, and psychosexual therapy and education.
ABC of Sexual Health is a practical guide for all general practitioners, family physicians, trainees and medical students wanting to improve communicating, examining and managing patients with sexual health problems.
Series Foreword vii
1 Psychosexual Development 1
2 Physical Aspects of Sexual Development 4
Woet L. Gianotten
3 Anatomy and Physiology in the Male 7
Roy J Levin
4 Anatomy and Physiology in the Female 12
Roy J Levin
5 The Sexual History and Formulation 16
Julie A. Fitter
6 The Clinical Examination of Men and Women 21
7 Male Dermatoses 24
Manu Shah and Chris Bunker
8 Female Dermatoses 30
9 Investigation and Management of Endocrine Disorders Affecting Sexuality 34
T. Hugh Jones
10 Investigations in Sexual Medicine for Women and Men with Sexual Health Problems 38
Irwin Goldstein and KevanWylie
11 Definition and Diagnosis of Sexual Problems 43
12 Psychiatric Disorders and Sexuality (Including Trauma and Abuse) 47
13 Medication and Sexual Dysfunction 51
14 Problems of Sexual Desire in Men 55
Yacov Reisman and Francesca Tripodi
15 Problems of Sexual Desire and Arousal in Women 59
Lori A. Brotto and Ellen T.M. Laan
16 Erectile Dysfunction 68
17 Problems of Ejaculation and Orgasm in the Male 73
Marcel D. Waldinger
18 Problems of Orgasm in the Female 77
Sharon J. Parish
19 Sexual Pain Disorders–Male and Female 81
Melissa A. Farmer, Seth Davis and Yitzchak M. Binik
20 Ageing and Sexuality 86
Alison K.Wood and Ross Runciman
21 Paraphilia Behaviour and Disorders 90
22 Impulsive/Compulsive Sexual Behaviour 93
23 Forensic Sexology 96
24 Ethnic and Cultural Aspects of Sexuality 101
25 Concerns Arising from Sexual Orientation, Practices and Behaviours 104
26 Gender Dysphoria and Transgender Health 108
Lin Fraser and Gail A. Knudson
27 Psychosexual Therapy and Couples Therapy 112
28 Bibliotherapy and Internet-based Programmes for Sexual Problems 118
Jacques van Lankveld and Fraukje E.F. Mevissen
29 Sexual Pleasure 121
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.