Lecture Notes: Urology, 7th Edition
March 2016, ©2016, Wiley-Blackwell
Urology Lecture Notes contains all the essential knowledge for medical students, junior doctors and early-stage trainees involved in urology placements or urological surgery. With a strong emphasis on clinical presentation, procedures and surgery, it provides an accessible, conversational guide to all the situations likely to be encountered on the wards.
Key features include:
• Extensive illustration to clearly demonstrate relevant procedures, conditions, and physiology
• Important information flagged up in key points
• Self-assessment MCQs to test and help consolidate knowledge
Whether you are preparing for your first urology rotation or looking for a quick reference to all aspects of the system, Urology Lecture Notes provides key support to all students, junior doctors and trainees involved in this specialty.
Part 1 Meet the patient
1 Assessment of the urological patient: History and examination 3
2 Assessment of the urological patient: Urinalysis and imaging 17
Part 2 The kidneys and adrenal gland
3 The kidney: Embryology, developmental errors and cystic disease 33
4 Kidney trauma 45
5 Kidney infections and inflammation 50
6 Urinary tract calculi 58
7 Kidney neoplasms 73
8 The renal pelvis and ureter 92
9 The adrenal gland 110
Part 3 The bladder and urethra
10 The bladder: Structure, function and investigations 117
11 Bladder infections and inflammation 128
12 Disorders of bladder function 134
13 Bladder cancer 150
Part 4 The prostate gland
14 Benign disorders of the prostate gland 169
15 Prostate cancer 185
Part 5 Male genitalia
16 The urethra 209
17 The penis 228
18 The testicle 245
19 Male infertility 270
Part 6 Additional therapeutic modalities
20 Radiotherapy 281
21 Minimally invasive urology 285
Appendix A: ECOG performance status 294
Appendix B: TNM classification of malignant tumours 295
Appendix C: Response evaluation criteria in solid tumours 297
Appendix D: The Clavien–Dindo classification of surgical complications 300
Appendix E: Adverse effects of cancer treatment 302
Appendix F: Urinary catheters 303
Appendix G: Evidence-based medicine 308
Multiple choice questions 309
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.