The Sciences: An Integrated Approach, Eighth Edition
September 2016, ©2016
The Sciences: An Integrated Approach, Binder Ready Version, 8th Edition by James Trefil and Robert Hazen uses an approach that recognizes that science forms a seamless web of knowledge about the universe. This text fully integrates physics, chemistry, astronomy, earth sciences, and biology and emphasizes general principles and their application to real- world situations. The goal of the text is to help students achieve scientific literacy. Applauded by students and instructors for its easy-to-read style and detail appropriate for non-science majors, the eighth edition has been updated to bring the most up-to-date coverage to the students in all areas of science.
- Science: A Way of Knowing
- The Ordered Universe
- Heat and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
- Albert Einstein and the Theory of Relativity
- The Atom
- Quantum Mechanics
- Atoms in Combination: The Chemical Bond
- Materials and Their Properties
- The Nucleus of the Atom
- The Ultimate Structure of Matter
- The Stars
- Earth and Other Planets
- Plate Tectonics
- Earth’s Many Cycles
- Ecology, Ecosystems, and the Environment
- Strategies of Life
- The Living Cell
- Molecules of Life
- Classical and Modern Genetics
- The New Science of Life
• Now Featuring WileyPLUS Learning Space!
• Updated Technologies All chapters have been updated where appropriate to reflect the most recent technologies, including newer examples of computers and hybrid vehicles.
• New and Updated End of Chapter Questions written to stimulate discussion, integrated thinking, and check students’ understanding of the materials.
Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to act on what’s most important.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.